Have fun and bring home some SCAREY photos...
The Ghosts of History
DRIVING TIP: Approximate driving miles between furthest points (1 & 6) is 76 miles.
- Start this getaway in Hartford at the Old State House, 800 Main Street. It's the oldest state house in America, built in 1796, where you can see a reenactment of the first Amistad trial of the African captives who took over the ship they were on and sought justice in the courts.
- Then head east on I-84 to I-384 to Rt. 44 and Coventry. Take Rte. 31 to the 1776 Nathan Hale Homestead on South Street. It's filled with original furnishings and memorabilia of our famous hero.
- Stay overnight in a cozy B&B and after breakfast, head south to Willimantic and check out the Frog Bridge, downtown at Rte. 32, which celebrates a local legend about a frightful night during the French and Indian War. See the Windham Textile and History Museum.
- Head over to Lebanon to the Governor Jonathan Trumbull House and Revolutionary War Office,
- then take in the Prudence Crandall House Museum in Canterbury.
- North on Rte.198 you'll find the beautiful Gothic Revival Roseland Cottage in picturesque Woodstock.
For places to stay and other things to do nearby, click on any highlighted place.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)