+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jewelry (Raven's Curiosities) (8 pics)

Jewelry (Raven's Curiosities) (8 pics)

Hi All,

Going through my pics on my hard drive today I found some product "vignettes" I did for my wife, Raven, a while back. They were a lot of fun to do, but finding props & backdrops was ways a problem. In the end, I stopped doing them as they were too time consuming. Now that the summer is here and I don't have as much to do photographically, I may try and pick it up again.

This was shot in natural light on black velvet:

The rest were shot with a single vivitar 283 flash:

These necklaces are part of the "Goddess" line that my wife put together. These became the inspiration for a big party celebrating the feminine spirit. That party is called the "Goddess Fair" and September 9th (Sunday) will be the third annual. It is a fair held in North Adams, MA at the Western Gateway, Heritage State Park. I will post more info on that in the Massachusetts state section here at NEF. Thanks for looking and C&C is welcome.
    Photography stuff.
    www.iangrey.com

The bottom left corner through me off on the last one until I realized it was a close up of the clasp on that one. All good shots.
    www.JayVigPhotography.com
    www.myspace.com/jayvigphotography

Through acceptance, comes understanding. Through understanding, comes acceptance. Through understanding and acceptance, comes resolution. ~Me

SLR: Canon Elan 7NE / BP-300 grip
    DSLR: Canon Rebel XT w/ Targus grip | Canon EOS 5D
    Lenses: Canon 28-105mm f/4-5.6 USM | Sigma Zoom Telephoto 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Autofocus | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma EX 50mm f/2.8 macro | Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
    Flash: 430ex | Gary Fong Lightsphere II
    Misc: Cable shutter release | Circular Polarizer | 8 point star filter | Kenko-Tokina 2x teleconverter

Images
    Wow. Your composition and knack for thinking "outside the box" never ceases to amaze me Ian. All excellent photos.
    Thomas T. "Tommy" Warshaw III
    Click here to view my photos.

RIP Thomas T. Warshaw Jr.
    17 August 1959 - 4 March 2008

FTM-PTB

Quote Originally Posted by JayVig
    The bottom left corner through me off on the last one until I realized it was a close up of the clasp on that one. All good shots.
    Yeah, I should have done that a lot better. That was in Nov of '05 and I knew a lot less about PS than I do now. Thanks for the good words, Jay.
    Photography stuff.
    www.iangrey.com

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyMutt
    Wow. Your composition and knack for thinking "outside the box" never ceases to amaze me Ian. All excellent photos.
    Thanks, Thomas . You're too kind . Fwiw, these were all shot with the 28-135 IS. It really is a very good, versatile lens.
    Photography stuff.
    www.iangrey.com

Images
    looks good to me Ian, I have a back drop idea... just find a nice, young model to wear em...that would make things alot easier... and more fun!!!
    Canon EOS 30D With grip, various lenses and stuff...

see my pics at www.brokenfencephotography.com

Visit me on Facebook..

Feel like helping some homeless Pets?
    the proceds from any of the products purchased go
    directly to helping CT animal shelters.
    www.helpwillysfriends.com.org

Quote Originally Posted by zacker
    looks good to me Ian, I have a back drop idea... just find a nice, young model to wear em...that would make things alot easier... and more fun!!!
    This is not a good idea... it's a GREAT one
    www.JayVigPhotography.com
    www.myspace.com/jayvigphotography

Through acceptance, comes understanding. Through understanding, comes acceptance. Through understanding and acceptance, comes resolution. ~Me

SLR: Canon Elan 7NE / BP-300 grip
    DSLR: Canon Rebel XT w/ Targus grip | Canon EOS 5D
    Lenses: Canon 28-105mm f/4-5.6 USM | Sigma Zoom Telephoto 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Autofocus | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma EX 50mm f/2.8 macro | Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
    Flash: 430ex | Gary Fong Lightsphere II
    Misc: Cable shutter release | Circular Polarizer | 8 point star filter | Kenko-Tokina 2x teleconverter

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information