+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Backpack

Backpack

The little camera bag that I have is getting crowded with the 2 bodies and 4 lenses. Once I add the flash it'll be even more packed. So I'd like a backpack

Here's the ideal setup for it to carry -
    1-2 bodies
    at least 4 lenses
    flash
    pockets for filters and film

If it could hold a laptop as well that would be a hands down winner but not 100% necessary if it's got everything else. Any ideas?

Here are 2 that look decent off the bat -
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ck_200_EG.html - I know it's cheap as far as bags go so I'm not sure about it but it meets the requirements (w/o laptop)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Backpack.html - specifies it holds a laptop (mine is 15.4" widescreen) but doesn't speak of how much it holds as far as lenses/accessories.

Either way, they're a good start I think. Anyone have others to look at?
    www.JayVigPhotography.com
    www.myspace.com/jayvigphotography

Through acceptance, comes understanding. Through understanding, comes acceptance. Through understanding and acceptance, comes resolution. ~Me

SLR: Canon Elan 7NE / BP-300 grip
    DSLR: Canon Rebel XT w/ Targus grip | Canon EOS 5D
    Lenses: Canon 28-105mm f/4-5.6 USM | Sigma Zoom Telephoto 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Autofocus | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma EX 50mm f/2.8 macro | Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
    Flash: 430ex | Gary Fong Lightsphere II
    Misc: Cable shutter release | Circular Polarizer | 8 point star filter | Kenko-Tokina 2x teleconverter

Images

thanks Ross. I like the Lowepro 34731 alot. Plus B&H has it for the same price so I can add it to my wishlist of stuff to budget for.

Through acceptance, comes understanding. Through understanding, comes acceptance. Through understanding and acceptance, comes resolution. ~Me

Lenses: Canon 28-105mm f/4-5.6 USM | Sigma Zoom Telephoto 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Autofocus | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma EX 50mm f/2.8 macro | Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
    Misc: Cable shutter release | Circular Polarizer | 8 point star filter | Kenko-Tokina 2x teleconverter

Images
    yeah all the LP AW bags are great... I have a couple of them and they just dont get better...
    Ross Mealey
    Canon Professional Services Member

I'd also consider the Crumpler Brazillian Dollar Home--It'll hold all that, and a bag of donuts. You can wear it messenger style, or back-packishly. Crumpler also makes custom-to-order bags in NYC.....but bring your checkbook.
    It is strange the way the ignorant and inexperienced so often and so undeservedly succeed when the informed and the experienced fail.
    - Mark Twain

Check me out at http://davecraig.smugmug.com . And buy something, dammit......the kids (new lens) need (new lens) shoes (new lens).

Yeah I know crumpler is expensive and I missed the beer for bags trade last month - i got all the stickers and stuff from them about it. I'm not sure if I could give up beer for a bag though. tough call.

EDIT: I do really like the Brazilian Dollar Home bag. I like the way it's set up and that it holds the tripod folded at hte bottom like that. Not sure if I wanna stick with the backpack though. Either way, thanks for reminding me about crumpler. I think between that and the LowePro, I'll find one that I'll be 100% happy with.

Images
    Watch the Forsale boards!
    I have a real nice LowePro Field and Street I got for like $75-$100.
    Real nice BP!!!
    Was like new with lil use when I got it last year.
    Broome County - South-Central New York
    (Nature and Wildlife is my bag)

Nikon Coolpix P7700 | Canon SD780is | Giottos MT 9170 TP-Bogen 3262QR | Manfrotto 679B Mono-Bogen 3229 | Bags and Packs by LowePro

See my work at:
    http://graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/

Friend Me on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/jim.bolden.9?ref=tn_tnmn

forsale boards where?

Images
    Mainly you see a lot of bags for sale on Fredmiranda.com ... or photography-on-the.net
    Ross Mealey
    Canon Professional Services Member

If they have good deals I should check it out. I was avoiding both of those places on principle after the horror stories I heard from all of you here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information