+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sigma4less.com ????

Sigma4less.com ????

Has anyone ever bought anything from Sigma4less.com? Their prices seem good.

Images
    I know they are reputable... but I havent bought from them... have you checked out prices with Allens Camera in PA? He usually does REAL good price comparison wise... and since I thought S4L was in NY you wont have to pay tax with Allens...
    Ross Mealey
    Canon Professional Services Member

Images
    i have heard alot of folks buying from S4L but i never even went to the site.
    Canon EOS 30D With grip, various lenses and stuff...

see my pics at www.brokenfencephotography.com

Visit me on Facebook..

Feel like helping some homeless Pets?
    the proceds from any of the products purchased go
    directly to helping CT animal shelters.
    www.helpwillysfriends.com.org

Images
    I haven't heard of it, but I would def check with Allen's....not only do you not pay tax, but you pay real shipping instead of a higher fixed rate you would pay online. The phone number is 1-888-547-2841 if you want to check them out for prices.
    Live every day like its your last, you never know when you won't get another chance! -Me-
    Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. -Anonymous-
    "We cannot do great things on this earth. We can only do small things with great love." -Mother Teresa-

Digital: Canon EOS 1D, Canon S3 IS
    Film: Canon EOS Elan II, Nikon FM, Pentax K1000, Minolta SR-T 101

I am in search of fully manual film cameras for use with photography programs with the Girl Scouts, whom I do volunteer programs for. Anyone willing to donate or sell such cameras to me for the programs, please PM me. THANKS!

i bought my Sigma 70-200 f2.8 and my Sigma 500 Super DG flash from them without a problem

Images
    A bit late, but I've bought 2 lenses and my 2x teleconverter from sigma4less. Returned the 2x without any issue (within the 7 day time period) or restocking fee. I only had to eat the shipping (not a problem). They usually ship the same day, and I get it the day after here in CT.

Just an FYI, most of their Sigma gear is the 1 year international warranty, not the 4 year US warranty. It's still warranted by Sigma, just not as long. Just something else to consider.
    Tom Nanos
    ---------------------------------------------
    Northeast US Rail Photography

NanosPhoto.com
    Volunteer/Photographer - CT Eastern Railroad Museum
    My Published Photography Portfolio
    My Railroad Photo Blog
    NECCC Digital Coordinator - The Windham (CT) Photography Club
    My stock photography at Alamy

Feel free to give me any feedback, good or bad, on any photo I post.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly"
    Thomas Paine, The Crisis, December 23, 1776

they seem to fair a pretty good rating on resellers.com

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sigma_4_Less
    The name is Winston, but please call me Sandy, and never late for dinner.
    http://flowingriverphotos.com

""Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by TomNanos
    Just an FYI, most of their Sigma gear is the 1 year international warranty, not the 4 year US warranty. It's still warranted by Sigma, just not as long. Just something else to consider.
    That sounds like "grey market" to me. Sigma USA doesn't warrant their lenses according to where they're purchased.

Images
    Sigma4Less is pretty reputable, although they hose you on high shipping charges. When I bought my Sigma 120-300 f/2.8, I went to them first becaue their price was way less than B&H... and it wasn't for grey market. But Sigma4Less is also in NY, so the sales tax on something that expensive is a lot, and they gouge on shipping charges. That was my first experiene with Allens Camera. Allens was slightly more for the lens, but no sales tax and I think the shipping was about $12 and after ordering it at 3PM, it was at my house the next day via UPS Ground. If you are in NY, the sales tax will wipe out any savings you get from buying there vs. Allens, and Allens is usually good on price too.

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter..."
    Ansel Adams

"... So don't choke and screw it up!" Me

Mike Collins

Canon 5DMk3 (gripped), 17-40L f/4, 24-70L f/2.8 II, 70-200L f/2.8 IS II, 100 f/2.8 Macro, 135L f/2, 200L f/1.8, TC1.4 II, TC2 III, 600EX-RT (2), ST-E3-RT
    Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye

Images
    I second that...I have also had great experience with Allen's Camera....I think the shipping on my flash was $5 or so and there was no tax...def the best deal.
    Live every day like its your last, you never know when you won't get another chance! -Me-
    Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. -Anonymous-
    "We cannot do great things on this earth. We can only do small things with great love." -Mother Teresa-

Digital: Canon EOS 1D, Canon S3 IS
    Film: Canon EOS Elan II, Nikon FM, Pentax K1000, Minolta SR-T 101

I am in search of fully manual film cameras for use with photography programs with the Girl Scouts, whom I do volunteer programs for. Anyone willing to donate or sell such cameras to me for the programs, please PM me. THANKS!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information