+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Street Hack

Cool Street Hack

My wife and I ended up in Shelburne today. We had gone out for a drive looking for landscapes and got hungry so we stopped and ate in "downtown". While there I came across some young men playing hackie sack. These two were quite good:

I never did find that landscape shot. I found a couple of locations, but it was the wrong time of day. So I'll be going back out .

Ian
    Photography stuff.
    www.iangrey.com

Nice! Those are some great street scenes, I take it they didn't mind one bit that you were taking their photo.
    The name is Winston, but please call me Sandy, and never late for dinner.
    http://flowingriverphotos.com

""Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by stoneylonesome
    Nice! Those are some great street scenes, I take it they didn't mind one bit that you were taking their photo.
    Actually, if you look at the 1st pic, that's my business card in his hand. I asked first and they were totally into to it. Thanks for looking and commenting, Sandy.

Ian
    Photography stuff.
    www.iangrey.com

never stop drumming up business.
    The name is Winston, but please call me Sandy, and never late for dinner.
    http://flowingriverphotos.com

""Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields

Images
    very nice shots.

shelburne is a neat little town. ever watch the glass artists there? very cool to see.
    -Jay

Canon 40D w/ grip
    50 f/1.8II
    28-135 IS
    Sigma 50-500
    Sigma 10-20
    Kenko tubes

Images
    great shots, im not a fan of shooting people because its such a pita. i think you did a really good job!
    http://www.dslocum-photography.com

Nikon D300
    Nikon 18-200VR
    Sigma 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikon SB-600

Images
    Wow. These are some really good shots Ian. Shots that capture everyday life are my favorite. Great job.

I'll say one thing though, I'm definitely not coordinated enough to "hack".
    Thomas T. "Tommy" Warshaw III
    Click here to view my photos.

RIP Thomas T. Warshaw Jr.
    17 August 1959 - 4 March 2008

FTM-PTB

Quote Originally Posted by stoneylonesome
    never stop drumming up business.
    Yeah, lol. I usually give out my business card after I've taken a few pics. This way, the subject doesn't feel so much like " who's this creepy guy taking my pic". Also I tell them that they're welcome to look at my web site for their picture - no promises, but if I post it, that's where it'll be. It's funny, but working for the paper and the college, where I had to approach people, engage them and take their pic has made street photography quite a bit easier. Go figure .
    Photography stuff.
    www.iangrey.com

Quote Originally Posted by J.W.
    very nice shots.

shelburne is a neat little town. ever watch the glass artists there? very cool to see.
    Thanks, Jay. Actually, we did stop to see the glass artists there but they are closed for renovations til September. My wife makes glass beads, so she's very keen on anyone that works with glass. BTW, I never got to say congrats on becoming VT group leader. Congrats

Ian
    Photography stuff.
    www.iangrey.com

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2low
    great shots, im not a fan of shooting people because its such a pita. i think you did a really good job!
    Thanks. I agree with you on the people=pita thing. I didn't realize until I read your post that I have become more comfortable at taking people's pictures. Mostly due to a job I had for the college where I had to approach students, get their permission AND have them sign a release before I took a pic. By those standards, street photography is easy .

Peace,

Ian
    Photography stuff.
    www.iangrey.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information