+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Losing EXIF data

Losing EXIF data

So I keep having all my data stripped off when I process my pics and I'm not sure why.

First, I use ZoomBrowser EX to convert them from RAW to JPEG - keeps data
    Second, I resize and fix coloring in PS CS2 - keeps data
    Third, I use PSP to add the border and signatur. It's got a simple function to do it with - loses data.

What is it about PSP that strips all the information away? If it helps to know, it's PSP7. Tommy uses PSP8 and doesn't have this issue. Could the version make a difference?
    www.JayVigPhotography.com
    www.myspace.com/jayvigphotography

Through acceptance, comes understanding. Through understanding, comes acceptance. Through understanding and acceptance, comes resolution. ~Me

SLR: Canon Elan 7NE / BP-300 grip
    DSLR: Canon Rebel XT w/ Targus grip | Canon EOS 5D
    Lenses: Canon 28-105mm f/4-5.6 USM | Sigma Zoom Telephoto 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Autofocus | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma EX 50mm f/2.8 macro | Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
    Flash: 430ex | Gary Fong Lightsphere II
    Misc: Cable shutter release | Circular Polarizer | 8 point star filter | Kenko-Tokina 2x teleconverter

Images
    Wish I could help, I loose mine too when I run it through neat image can't for the life of me figure out why... I'm sure someone will have better info for you.
    D90
    18-105mm
    50mm 1.8
    Flash

Back in the game... and switching sides...

Well at least I know I'm not alone. I wonder if it's something as simple as a setting.

Through acceptance, comes understanding. Through understanding, comes acceptance. Through understanding and acceptance, comes resolution. ~Me

Lenses: Canon 28-105mm f/4-5.6 USM | Sigma Zoom Telephoto 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Autofocus | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma EX 50mm f/2.8 macro | Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
    Misc: Cable shutter release | Circular Polarizer | 8 point star filter | Kenko-Tokina 2x teleconverter

I use PSP8 and have the same problem your having. I end up just using PSP8 to add a border then pressing save and going back into photoshop to make a JPEG. PSP8 only strips the EXIF info when I go to Save As and save my image as a JPEG.
    Ryan
    New England Railroad Photography
    http://pbase.com/rparent

| Canon 40D w/grip| Canon 70-200 F4L |Canon 17-40 F4L | Sigma 24-70 F2.8 EX DG |
    Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM

We're getting closer to a solution. The only thing is that I don't use save as in PSP at all. I have the file saved as a JPEG in CS2, open psp, add the border and save then I'm done.

is there an easy way to add a border in CS2 and skip PSP altogether?

Images
    What kind of boarder are you tring to add, if it's just a simple one color boarder like this...

You can do that it CS2... go to image>canvas size> and then do the the width and height in inches, pixels, what have you... The photo above was 110 pixels. Make sure you check relative and then choose your canvas extension color...
    D90
    18-105mm
    50mm 1.8
    Flash

Thanks for that info, Kadian. That helps me eliminate using PSP all together.
    Ryan
    New England Railroad Photography
    http://pbase.com/rparent

| Canon 40D w/grip| Canon 70-200 F4L |Canon 17-40 F4L | Sigma 24-70 F2.8 EX DG |
    Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM

Images
    Glad I could help, it's pretty easy and simple too, I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to get a boarder, but this works for me
    D90
    18-105mm
    50mm 1.8
    Flash

I was thinking about something similar but didn't know the process.

the other tool that i use PSP for is the text tool for my signature. it's simple. I like how, in psp, you can make the text the way you want it and then insert it as a vector on the image to move where as in CS2 you have to type it directly on.

anyone use CS2 for text?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information