+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Now....for some shots of lil ole ME!!!!!!!

Now....for some shots of lil ole ME!!!!!!!

All Hail Shelley!!!
    First a little bit about me...
    Im originally from Seattle, spent several years in Az (Tucson) and moved around the states a bit in between, met my hubby in Tucson while we were in college, moved a bit more, finally settled here just outside of Buffalo NY where he is originally from. Been here 11 years now.
    Got interested in photography....probably as a young child but never really knew the ins and outs and never knew who to ask or what to ask to get the answer I needed in order to learn HOW a photo was produced. Did the 35mm p&s for years...then I won my first camera from Kodak from the Y2K Kodak Quilt! From then on I was totally hooked on photography...the internet became my best friend in teaching me what I needed to know to produce the shots I saw in my mind. A couple years ago my hubby asked me what I wanted for my birthday...this was just a couple months after the 20D came out...I totally lusted after it, I HAD to have it...so he got it for me!! THATS LOVE!!! LOL I was ok at first since didnt have a clue how to work a manual camera! Well I was persistant and taught myself everything I know now...even though I still struggle. People consider me a pro, but I still consider me intermediate...I know Im good but I also know I can be better....so on that note...here are a few shots of me!!

This was taken in my Bow window on a self timer

This is me and a fellow photographer Jessica at a local Coffee house, Spot Coffee, that a group of local Flickrites meet at once a month, it was taken on my camera by another friend...we told her to count to 3 and we purposely made a face!....So yah this is me at my "best"! LOL

This was taken by another fellow photographer at Spot Coffee again, its one of my favorite shots of me

And this last one was taken by my husband...me in the shower...of course I did the settings and he just snapped away. I put this through photoshop and really really edited to the extreme! I actually look good!

Images
    Good 'ole Tucson... I was there for a weekend while temporarily stationed close by in the military... nice self pics... I am not brave enough do those... there are few of us that are a little rough around the edges...LOL
    Ross Mealey
    Canon Professional Services Member

Images
    Oh come on... give it a try... some of us girls like the "rough around the edges" look LOL

Nice shots Shelley... that last one is a great shot - i really like it in black and white

I've played around with some self-photography too... I think i'll post up a few too - you've inspired me LOL

TRJ Photography
    Freelance Photographer
    Berkshire Scenic Railroad Museum - Public Relations
    National Press Photographers Association
    Nikon User Digital: D200, D90, D100-IR. Film: F2, EL, EM, Nikormat.
    Photography Passions
    Sports & Action ~ Macro ~ Nature & Wildlife

Were you at Ft Hauchuca? (I butchered it I know!)

Images
    To the extent I can admit to... I was there for a while for a "training exercise"... yes...
    Ross Mealey

LOL I had a fun time there a FEW times! (insert hysterical giggle here) Most of the time there I was drunk off my booty!

Images
    we didnt get too much chance for that... our "training mission" had us locked down to the point where we couldnt have interaction with any other soldiers or civilians... so it was barracks sleep time whenever we had down time...
    Ross Mealey

Bummer! Do you remember what year you were there?

Images
    It was between 1991 and 1993 sometime... not sure which year exactly without seeing my certificate...
    Ross Mealey

Well Ill be darned! I was there during that time frame! '93 is when I partied the most there...well early '93 Dated Scott Patrick Ohagen there! I wonder what ever happened to him...when he broke up with me...he felt my wrath with a huge handprint across his face and a few bruises on his upper torso...I didnt handle it well..he was a jerk anyway! LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information