+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Digital cameras stolen

Images

Digital cameras stolen

Digital cameras stolen

Howard's Express Trucking Company shipped the cameras from Greece to Albany. An employee of Howard's, Michael Collins, is accused of taking them from a loading dock in the state capitol and selling them to an ...Comment

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter..."
    Ansel Adams

"... So don't choke and screw it up!" Me

Mike Collins

Canon 5DMk3 (gripped), 17-40L f/4, 24-70L f/2.8 II, 70-200L f/2.8 IS II, 100 f/2.8 Macro, 135L f/2, 200L f/1.8, TC1.4 II, TC2 III, 600EX-RT (2), ST-E3-RT
    Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye

Images
    Just want to clarify again... this is NOT ME! I can't tell you how many people cornered me on this over the weekend. It is somewhat embarassing to keep seeing this story.

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter..."
    Ansel Adams

Mike Collins

Canon 5DMk3 (gripped), 17-40L f/4, 24-70L f/2.8 II, 70-200L f/2.8 IS II, 100 f/2.8 Macro, 135L f/2, 200L f/1.8, TC1.4 II, TC2 III, 600EX-RT (2), ST-E3-RT
    Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye

Images
    Here's a more thorough story in the Times Union... http://timesunion.com/AspStories/sto...date=9/30/2006

The other guy has a different middle initial, and is apparently now in the Albany County Jail without bail.

Ansel Adams

Mike Collins

Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye

Images
    lol..its just to crazy that he has your name and all... $25 fpr a new cam.. not a bad deal at all!
    lol stupid... woulndt he think theyd notice that the cams go missing under his watch? how dumb does he thinnk the investigators are..or worse, how dumb was this guy?
    Canon EOS 30D With grip, various lenses and stuff...

see my pics at www.brokenfencephotography.com

Visit me on Facebook..

Feel like helping some homeless Pets?
    the proceds from any of the products purchased go
    directly to helping CT animal shelters.
    www.helpwillysfriends.com.org

Images
    Pretty dumb... and now he's on the hook for $70K worth of theft, and it sounds like he only pocketed about $10K from the whole thing. I'm guessing he's going to be facing some big time for this one.

Ansel Adams

Mike Collins

Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye

Images
    yeah.... I imagine not much thought went into this caper..lol Sorta like Peeing in your own soup! Ya just dont do it! Who did they think was gonna take the hardest fall for this one?
    Canon EOS 30D With grip, various lenses and stuff...

see my pics at www.brokenfencephotography.com

Visit me on Facebook..

Feel like helping some homeless Pets?
    the proceds from any of the products purchased go
    directly to helping CT animal shelters.
    www.helpwillysfriends.com.org

Images
    Yep, the other guys could always claim that Collins told them they were surplus, not stolen.

Ansel Adams

Mike Collins

Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye

Images
    Of course they are going ot claim that....especially since it already looks like he's the bad guy there....I can't really see them jumping up and down saying, "He didn't do it!!! Blame me!!! I did it, I'm guilty!" lol
    Live every day like its your last, you never know when you won't get another chance! -Me-
    Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. -Anonymous-
    "We cannot do great things on this earth. We can only do small things with great love." -Mother Teresa-

Digital: Canon EOS 1D, Canon S3 IS
    Film: Canon EOS Elan II, Nikon FM, Pentax K1000, Minolta SR-T 101

I am in search of fully manual film cameras for use with photography programs with the Girl Scouts, whom I do volunteer programs for. Anyone willing to donate or sell such cameras to me for the programs, please PM me. THANKS!

Images
    I seen this on the news and got a little laugh out of it......I was hoping to see some good NEF "Deals" from you Mike
    Stop by NortheastMoto.com to chat with other Northeast area folks about, Bikes, Cars, Trucks, Sleds and more........
    NY area rides/meets throughout the summer

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information