+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: aerial acrobats

Images

aerial acrobats

i was sitting at the locks waiting for some eagles and along came 2 immature eagles and a red-tailed hawk. the red-tailed hawk was swooping at the eagles. i came up with this shot, sorry for the bad quality but the shot was pretty far off. i was using a conon 20D with a 100-400L lens

Images
    oh and if your woundering why the eagle is upside down, the hawk swooped at the eagle and it turned around real quick trying to defend itself from the hawk.

3. You're apologizing for the quality of your great shot of an eagle chasing a hawk? I'd like an opportunity to take a poor quality shot of an eagle. Where do you find them? They're still pretty rare in my neck of the woods.

Images
    iv been seeing alot of eagle along the hudson river, from stillwater to mechanicville. iv seen 3 mature eagles and 2 immature. best spot i found is lock 2 on waterford road.

Images
    eagles? you got eagles?? we have sparrows and pidgeons here...lol I do have Osprey in the parking lot at work but I think they have left the nest, its been pretty quiet lately!
    good shot!
    Canon EOS 30D With grip, various lenses and stuff...

see my pics at www.brokenfencephotography.com

Visit me on Facebook..

Feel like helping some homeless Pets?
    the proceds from any of the products purchased go
    directly to helping CT animal shelters.
    www.helpwillysfriends.com.org

6. That lock is minutes away from where my 88 year old shut-in mom lives. I guess I've now got another reason to visit her more often. I just made the leap into the digital SLR world by purchasing the new Canon XTi with the 17-85 IS lens. That lens won't do the trick for zooming in on eagles in flight, but my old Tamron 300mm F2.8 SP lens might. I found a company called Fotodiox that makes a Nikon AI - EOS converter that allows me to use the lens on my new camera. It will be manual focus and exposure but it'll do until I can afford a nice lens like my good friend AgandAu (not her real name) just got from her hubby.

Images
    Fran you going to shoot this weekend? We may be into stopping down and hanging out....
    Ross Mealey
    Canon Professional Services Member

Images
    That shot is too funny! Nice catch!!!!
    Live every day like its your last, you never know when you won't get another chance! -Me-
    Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. -Anonymous-
    "We cannot do great things on this earth. We can only do small things with great love." -Mother Teresa-

Digital: Canon EOS 1D, Canon S3 IS
    Film: Canon EOS Elan II, Nikon FM, Pentax K1000, Minolta SR-T 101

I am in search of fully manual film cameras for use with photography programs with the Girl Scouts, whom I do volunteer programs for. Anyone willing to donate or sell such cameras to me for the programs, please PM me. THANKS!

Nice job on the shot. proving once again not only is being in the right place at the right time important. timing is even more so. WELL DONE.
    The name is Winston, but please call me Sandy, and never late for dinner.
    http://flowingriverphotos.com

""Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields

Images
    That is so true...I would still be trying to make sure it was in focus, or waiting for the bird to turn this way or that...meanwhile it would fly away and I would get nothing....has happened so many times...the curse of searching through the viewfinder for the perfect shot!!!!
    Live every day like its your last, you never know when you won't get another chance! -Me-
    Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. -Anonymous-
    "We cannot do great things on this earth. We can only do small things with great love." -Mother Teresa-

Digital: Canon EOS 1D, Canon S3 IS
    Film: Canon EOS Elan II, Nikon FM, Pentax K1000, Minolta SR-T 101

I am in search of fully manual film cameras for use with photography programs with the Girl Scouts, whom I do volunteer programs for. Anyone willing to donate or sell such cameras to me for the programs, please PM me. THANKS!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information