+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to do about this error message?

What to do about this error message?

Upload Errors
    IM000020.JPG
    The file that you have tried to attach is too big. The maximum size is 358400 bytes.

Can I resize it and not lose the EXIF info?

Images
    Are you talking about when you are uploading an image to the gallery here? If so, then you will need to resize the image. The max is 1024 and 350K. One of the things you want to do also, if preparing an image for the web.... is resample it (cropping is the easiest way to do this, even if you crop it to full size) to 72 dpi. For printing you want 200-300 dpi, but 72 is ideal for viewing on the web. And, if you do any sharpening then do it last... after resizing.

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter..."
    Ansel Adams

"... So don't choke and screw it up!" Me

Mike Collins

Canon 5DMk3 (gripped), 17-40L f/4, 24-70L f/2.8 II, 70-200L f/2.8 IS II, 100 f/2.8 Macro, 135L f/2, 200L f/1.8, TC1.4 II, TC2 III, 600EX-RT (2), ST-E3-RT
    Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye

Thanks

Re:Resizing

Quote Originally Posted by convergent
    Are you talking about when you are uploading an image to the gallery here? If so, then you will need to resize the image. The max is 1024 and 350K. One of the things you want to do also, if preparing an image for the web.... is resample it (cropping is the easiest way to do this, even if you crop it to full size) to 72 dpi. For printing you want 200-300 dpi, but 72 is ideal for viewing on the web. And, if you do any sharpening then do it last... after resizing.
    Good advice by Mike. I just wanted to add this tidbit: Make sure you don't resize the original copy but make a dupe copy to work on.
    ProPhotoImages/ Ted Austin
    National Press Photographers Association (NPPA)
    National Association PhotoShop Professionals (NAPP)
    Electronic Technicians Assn (ETA)

See Infrared at: http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/prophotoimages

"A bad day in the Darkroom is better than a good day in the classroom".

" Instead of 8 hours in the darkroom, It's now 8 hours at the computer".

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information