+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot Air Ballooning!!

Images

Hot Air Ballooning!!

Went to The Finger Lakes Region of NY this summer for a long weekend in the town of Hammondsport. It was great. While there, we took a trip in a Hot air Balloon with Liberty Balloon company, great bunch of guys. We had a blast, the weather was great and we got to see what its like to really fly at the mercy of the wind. Its so quiet up there two and its amazing how you can hear stuff on the ground so clear, like every single dog barking at us as we flew over them...lol

Filler up!

Mark, the guy who's B&B we stayed at, Helping Lee, our Balloon Pilot , flit the balloon with hot air from a 20 Million BTU propane torch!

Shes almost standing!

And we're off! Me, My wife Christine and Lee, our Pilot!

The Best way to get high!

An abandoned Motocross track on someone's farm... wish I lived out here, id use it... lol!

the view below!

We skimmed the surface of that lake, scared the c**p out of a couple guys in a Canoe. lol

The Flat field way up on top of a mountain over looking the valley below is actually a launching site for Hang Gliders... It would have been cool if they were using it that day!

Crazy Cows... they saw us coming, they all ran out to the middle of the field and watched us fly over then as we passed, they turned and walked back to the barn where they were hanging out before... lol

all in all it was a great trip. We ended up finally landing in a field behind a church in a tiny little town called Risingville. All the neighbors came out to greet us and they were all excited because at first, they thought we were crash landing...lol (I think they may have been cannibals or something) lol anyways, if you ever get the chance to go up in a Balloon, do it, it is amazing and it is so much fun!
    Canon EOS 30D With grip, various lenses and stuff...

see my pics at www.brokenfencephotography.com

Visit me on Facebook..

Feel like helping some homeless Pets?
    the proceds from any of the products purchased go
    directly to helping CT animal shelters.
    www.helpwillysfriends.com.org

Great shots Craig, Looks like it was a lot of fun
    The name is Winston, but please call me Sandy, and never late for dinner.
    http://flowingriverphotos.com

""Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information