+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blacksmiths

Images

Blacksmiths

Three Blacksmiths making chain links.

Canon
    40D

Wonderful shots, great color and depth in these. Fantastic would be a better choice, when I checked the EXIF info on the photos I see you shot these at ISO 1600, f4.5 at 1/15 sec.on the 2nd & 3rd shots, that is just amazing to have them come out so clear. You just can't beat natural light.
    The name is Winston, but please call me Sandy, and never late for dinner.
    http://flowingriverphotos.com

""Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields

Images
    I LOVED that you captured them "in action". Awesome lighting and colors in all of these.
    Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
    Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC OS
    EF-S 18-55mm

Images
    Thanks for the comments, I took a chance going with a slow shutter speed, good thing there was a pole I leaned up against and a railing in front of me to help steady the shot.
    Canon
    40D

Wow very nice! I love the lighting here and those are awesome at ISO 1600 for low noise. The house I grew up in was also home to a blacksmith shop in the 1800s so these are of particular interest to me. The motion blur in the second really adds to the scene imho. It is fun to look at this and see what small things in the photo are modern. Mostly looks as it would have 120 years ago. Have you tried putting any of these in a sepia or B&W? Nice series.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information