+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Well, its official!

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnoi1
    one of the best things about going the route you did... is that you can pay attention to what focal lengths you use the most... and when and if you choose to get some faster glass you can make an educated guess by your past photos which route to go... tell you what... the 18-200IS is almost welded to my 50D...
    I would imagine Trish has a ton of lenses for her D90. Which does she like the most and/or use the most?

Images
    on the D90 she uses the 18-200 the most... she also has the D200... and yeah a ton of lenses... she mainly uses the macro lenses plus 70-200/2.8, 24/1.8...
    Ross Mealey
    Canon Professional Services Member

Images
    Congrats on the D90!!! And don't listen to all these Canon-ites, they are just jealous

I've only had the D90 for about a month now so I haven't had the chance to test it out with all my lenses yet but I've played around with it a bit and it definitely is an awesome match with the 18-200, you will love that setup... I used it for almost all of our vacation because it was so versatile!

I also played around with my Nikon 70-200VR and Sigma 24mm, it worked great with both of those lenses. If you like to shoot any kind of action stuff, indoors or out, I would definitely recommend Nikon's 70-200VR, it is an outstanding lens I've used it for all sorts of sports, at the zoo or just out and about... and even at a wedding I went to because it works well in low light, even when you zoom way in (f/2.8 across the board). I've never been disappointed in that lens!

TRJ Photography
    Freelance Photographer
    Berkshire Scenic Railroad Museum - Public Relations
    National Press Photographers Association
    Nikon User Digital: D200, D90, D100-IR. Film: F2, EL, EM, Nikormat.
    Photography Passions
    Sports & Action ~ Macro ~ Nature & Wildlife

Cool! Thanks! I can't wait to get out there and start shooting.

Images
    Karl one other thing I would suggest if you plan on doing a lot of shooting is to get the battery grip for this camera... it does a couple things...

a) adds a second battery... allows the longer use of VR lenses by having the two...

b) adds vertical controls so you arent rotating your hand... just the camera..

c) stabilizes longer lenses by adding weight and size to the camera... also if you find you arent fitting the whole hand on the camera this helps...

I use Adorama as a website for viewing products... but I would order from Allens camera if you choose to buy one...
    http://www.adorama.com/INKMBD80.html
    Ross Mealey

Hmmm.... interesting. Thanks for the tip. So I guess I see how it "plugs" into the bottom of the camera, but what happens to the stock battery door cover?

Iimagine it tucks into a spot in the grip, like my canon does...

By the way, congrats!
    Photography stuff.
    www.iangrey.com

Images
    yup... the door is removed and then slots into the part that inserts into the camera... fairly simple to do
    Ross Mealey

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information