+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: World Wide Photo Walk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NYracefan
    I doubt I will do another one this year. The one I went to last year pretty much sucked.
    host one of your own?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NYracefan
    I doubt I will do another one this year. The one I went to last year pretty much sucked.
    It really does depends on the leader to make it interesting and some are better than others at it.
    Rick
    "Regret is just a memory, written on my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now."
    Willie Nelson

Gear List
    Charter Oak Photographic Society - West Hartford, CT

Images
    I know that, I imagine most are fun. The one I went on last year was led by an idiot who had all kinds of "rules" he put in place on what we could or could not shoot. Then he was going around telling people they should shoot this or they should shoot that, and getting sort of upset with them if they did not take a photo of what he just mentioned to them.

Just not going to mess with it this year, besides, I never know what is going on on any given weekend until the time comes, so i am not going to commit to anything this far in advance.
    Nikon D200 w/ battery grip
    Nikon D50
    Nikon D70
    SB-600
    SB-800
    Nikon 50mm
    Nikkon 18-55
    Sigma 28-90
    Sigma 55-200
    Sigma 70-300
    Sigma 50-500
    Feisol CM-1471 Monopod
    Kenko Extension Tubes

Images
    Sorry to hear you got a dud for a leader. Although I had a different idea of what a photowalk should be after following Jeff Revell's blog (he's the guy who gave Scott Kelby the idea) than our leader Steve, he was above all very pleasant and supportive of what everyone wanted to do and that made it fun. My wife and I had a wonderful time and met a great bunch of photographers.
    Rick
    "Regret is just a memory, written on my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now."
    Willie Nelson

Gear List
    Charter Oak Photographic Society - West Hartford, CT

There is one in Poughkeepsie on the Walkway Over the Hudson. Should be fun. I'll be there!

http://worldwidephotowalk.com/walk/p...united-states/

Images
    That walkway is a madhouse on weekends, I am not going anywhere near that place
    Nikon D200 w/ battery grip
    Nikon D50
    Nikon D70
    SB-600
    SB-800
    Nikon 50mm
    Nikkon 18-55
    Sigma 28-90
    Sigma 55-200
    Sigma 70-300
    Sigma 50-500
    Feisol CM-1471 Monopod
    Kenko Extension Tubes

Images

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgnoi1
    Last years was fun... but even with winning Trish never got the book that she was supposed to... kinda lame on our walk leaders part...
    Yea, that did make me feel bad I did enjoy the event though, and meeting some new photogs....

TRJ Photography
    Freelance Photographer
    Berkshire Scenic Railroad Museum - Public Relations
    National Press Photographers Association
    Nikon User Digital: D200, D90, D100-IR. Film: F2, EL, EM, Nikormat.
    Photography Passions
    Sports & Action ~ Macro ~ Nature & Wildlife

9. Quote Originally Posted by rfreschner
    I followed the walks on Scott's blog last year, but couldn't do it because of other commitments. They look like a good time so I signed up this time around and will be dragging my wife along too. One of the folks from the Castle Craig club in Meriden who has judged some of the competitions for our club is the leader for the Hartford walk. He did one in New Hampshire or Vermont last year and had a ball.
    I hope to go to the one they're having here in Portsmouth NH, but not sure yet if I can get the day off from work yet.

10. That's great for photographers where share our work experience and enjoy photography life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread Information