+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Photo Book

Images

Photo Book

I'm looking to see if anyone here has made a Photo Book.
    (Professional printing and Publishing)
    I just ordered one from Blurb because it was free, but I was wondering what other people have done.
    I'd be interested in what company you used, what you thought of the quality, and pricing.

I am expecting my book Thursday. I'm excited to see it.

I want to do another book with my daughter's poems and her photography with it. I've been looking around the web at different companies, but I thought input from here would be greatly benificial!

Thanks for any input you may have!
    Roberta Deiter

Images
    Both of my wife's parents died within 10 days of each other in September of 2007 and I thought that putting together a book commemorating their lifes would be a nice gift for her and her brother and sister for Christmas. I used MyPublisher to print the books based on a great review of several of the ones out there on Dave Beckerman's blog, balancing cost, quality, and publishing time.

Although I had some issues with the books (twice), they were handled very quickly and to my complete satisfaction. Other than those minor issues, the quality was very good and their service was excellent. I would use them again.
    Rick
    "Regret is just a memory, written on my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now."
    Willie Nelson

Gear List
    Charter Oak Photographic Society - West Hartford, CT

Images
    I just found out My Publisher is offering a free book. You give your e-mail address and you get a coupon for a free book. Does not give detail about "what kind of free book" but I am going to try it. Have to come up with it by April 13. Looks like I have a few weeks to get the poetry and photo's together. Ok, went back to site and it say's free extra copy....hmmmm.
    I am still looking for other people's input.
    Thanks!
    Roberta Deiter

Images
    I used MyPublisher once to make a Christmas present of photos of my daughter's first year. Made 3 copies - one for my parents, one for my in-laws and one for my grandmother. Granted this was a few years ago (5 to be exact), but the quality was good and the turnaround was rather quick if I remember correctly.

I've heard good things about Blurb and have been looking at them lately for a couple other ideas I've got. Interested to see if anyone has any other experiences out there...
    Tom Nanos
    ---------------------------------------------
    Northeast US Rail Photography

NanosPhoto.com
    Volunteer/Photographer - CT Eastern Railroad Museum
    My Published Photography Portfolio
    My Railroad Photo Blog
    NECCC Digital Coordinator - The Windham (CT) Photography Club
    My stock photography at Alamy

Feel free to give me any feedback, good or bad, on any photo I post.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly"
    Thomas Paine, The Crisis, December 23, 1776

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rfreschner
    I used MyPublisher to print the books based on a great review of several of the ones out there on Dave Beckerman's blog, balancing cost, quality, and publishing time.
    Here's a link to Dave's review.

http://dbeckerman.wordpress.com/prin...d-photo-books/
    Rick
    "Regret is just a memory, written on my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now."
    Willie Nelson

Gear List

Images
    Tagging this... because I think it would be interesting to do... are we talking about a "coffee table" style book or something smaller? Also do they seem to have fairly competitive pricing? I really havent done this before... and know nothing about it...
    Ross Mealey
    Canon Professional Services Member

Images
    I did one of my wedding for my wife's 1 year anniversary present. i had mine done through mpix and i was happy with it.
    http://www.dslocum-photography.com

Nikon D300
    Nikon 18-200VR
    Sigma 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikon SB-600

Images
    Blurb does full color up to 13x11. I'm looking at the landscape 8x10 right now, and they also do a smaller 7x7. Prices seem reasonable for what you get.
    Tom Nanos
    ---------------------------------------------
    Northeast US Rail Photography

NanosPhoto.com
    Volunteer/Photographer - CT Eastern Railroad Museum
    My Published Photography Portfolio
    My Railroad Photo Blog
    NECCC Digital Coordinator - The Windham (CT) Photography Club
    My stock photography at Alamy

Feel free to give me any feedback, good or bad, on any photo I post.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly"
    Thomas Paine, The Crisis, December 23, 1776

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgnoi1
    Tagging this... because I think it would be interesting to do... are we talking about a "coffee table" style book or something smaller? Also do they seem to have fairly competitive pricing? I really havent done this before... and know nothing about it...
    Ross - different companies have different prices, sizes, quality of paper, service, etc. Take a look at the link I posted. Dave did a pretty through job researching the available options, but that was back in June 2008 and things have changed - MPIX wasn't even a player back then, for instance. It will give you a good starting point, though.
    Rick
    Willie Nelson

Gear List

Images
    Great! Thanks guys... gonna look into it... there are a few ideas I have with this... some personal.. and some photographic... =)
    Ross Mealey
    Canon Professional Services Member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information