+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Photoblogs anyone?

Images
    Cool... but you spelled Shenendoah wrong...

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter..."
    Ansel Adams

"... So don't choke and screw it up!" Me

Mike Collins

Canon 5DMk3 (gripped), 17-40L f/4, 24-70L f/2.8 II, 70-200L f/2.8 IS II, 100 f/2.8 Macro, 135L f/2, 200L f/1.8, TC1.4 II, TC2 III, 600EX-RT (2), ST-E3-RT
    Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye

Quote Originally Posted by convergent
    Cool... but you spelled Shenendoah wrong...
    Ah come on Mike, maybe wrong for you and me, but remember Craig has his own special Dictionary.
    The name is Winston, but please call me Sandy, and never late for dinner.
    http://flowingriverphotos.com

""Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields

Images
    Yep... Zecirally does have his own dictionary...

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter..."
    Ansel Adams

Mike Collins

Canon 5DMk3 (gripped), 17-40L f/4, 24-70L f/2.8 II, 70-200L f/2.8 IS II, 100 f/2.8 Macro, 135L f/2, 200L f/1.8, TC1.4 II, TC2 III, 600EX-RT (2), ST-E3-RT
    Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye

Images
    lol Mike, thanks! now, where does the "A" go?
    Canon EOS 30D With grip, various lenses and stuff...

see my pics at www.brokenfencephotography.com

Visit me on Facebook..

Feel like helping some homeless Pets?
    the proceds from any of the products purchased go
    directly to helping CT animal shelters.
    www.helpwillysfriends.com.org

Zacker,
    that blog you started is what I'm talking about.
    I'm gonna look at that site myself.
    I still may need to go one better and provide a way to sell prints though.
    ...gotta nail down what people actually want from me.
    It's actually two separate clients; one a magazine I work for that wants me to do a "Here's the exciting stuff I saw this weekend", type of blog...for which a blog like Zackers would be great,
    ...the other is a boarding school that wants me to photograph their sports events and post large volumes of images for the soccer moms to buy.

So I want to kill two birds with one stone if possible.

Thanks for all the input, everybody. ...much appreciated.
    Marty

Images
    I don't think you will be able to find one thing to solve both problems. If you do, it will probably do a lousy job of both of them. You are talking about two very different styles of presentation. I'd recommend that instead, you build a site that has a central home page that maybe gives some basic info about you and your service, and then have these two destinations as options to go to from there. If you use services that allow you to use your own domain, then you should be able to have them all appear totally seamless to your clients.

You didn't say, but are you going to be putting images into the blog, that represent a set of images that someone might want to sort through and buy? If so, then you could put your images into your storefront site first, then take one image and put it in your blog, and code it to be a link back to the folder in your store with those images in it. That should be pretty easy to do and be seamless for your customers.

This thread has a good discussion on the alternatives for a site to sell your images professionally... http://www.northeastfoto.com/forums/...ead.php?t=9849

Ansel Adams

Mike Collins

Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye

Images
    if you know any HTML im sure you could set it up to run thumbs or small (bigger than thumbs but small still) picks that link back to a site like a smug mug account like mike said but you can then run two or three columns down the blog page instead of the one row that it does by default. Maybe even list pricing under each photo along with asst size options. (or just provide a link under the photo back to a store front site.

Visit me on Facebook..

Yes, yes.
    Excellent follow-up ideas.
    When I re-read what I was thinking of it seemed to me that I was asking too much from one single site.
    first things first.
    I'm gonna look at Blogger and whatever that service you used, Zacker.

Images
    blogspot.com lol

Visit me on Facebook..

Hey all,

I was just reading through this and I have to say that for all the different stuff you want to do, wordpress may work. There are a ton of plug ins for it. Everything from galleries to e commerce to sell stuff with it. I have 3 that I run. My 365 that is just for fun at http://christopherkimball.blogspot.com then there is the 2 that are using wordpress. http://www.flashoverimages.com and http://thelonggrind.ckimballphotography.com

They are all very different but it just goes to show the flexibility of this. Wordpress is by far the easiest thing to use and it is very stable, has lots of themes and requires very little code work.
    ~ Rock
    My Site | Flash Over Images | The Long Grind

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~Ansel Adams

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information