+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rhinebeck Airshows?

Images

Rhinebeck Airshows?

Has anyone ever been here before? Place looks like it would have a lot of great photo ops between the museum and the airshow. I may check this out in the very near future as it is only like a half hour from my house. Apparently it is sort of like walking back into time when you go to this place.

http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/default.htm
    Nikon D200 w/ battery grip
    Nikon D50
    Nikon D70
    SB-600
    SB-800
    Nikon 50mm
    Nikkon 18-55
    Sigma 28-90
    Sigma 55-200
    Sigma 70-300
    Sigma 50-500
    Feisol CM-1471 Monopod
    Kenko Extension Tubes

I've attended shows over the last several years. I found that the last weekend of the shows (mid October) is the best time to go. Great tree colors and they seemed to fly a lot more aircraft than they normally do (I could be wrong on the but that is the way it seemed). I will miss being able to go this year with my move to Nashville.
    The show does not start until later in the afternoon, so if you donít really love aircraft and aviation history donít show up at 9am or whenever the gates open. You can get some nice pictures that early but there is not really that much of an advantage to hanging out there for several hours before the show.
    On a side note, there was a fatal crash last month at the airfield during the show, Iím not sure how that affected things. Going to an air show you have the risk of viewing such things. You attend enough events and you will most likely see an accident.
    A few shots form last Octoberís show.

Iíd say go and have a great time! The show is also setup great for kids so they might enjoy it also.
    Tim
    Keep up with my travels and adventures here at my Web Shots page.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/tnkcox

Tim

I was there about 5 years ago. From what I can remember you can get decent shots in the afternoon.

Bodies
    Canon 7D
    | Canon 40D
    Glass
    Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye | Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC MACRO | Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM

Images
    I read about the fatality in the local paper......but have not heard if this has effected the airshows or not. The place looks pretty neat, seems like it would be a fun afternoon, those old planes are great!

As for the fatality,I have seen more than my share of them in the last 35 years of going to auto races, so while I certainly have no desire to witness any more, that is not something that would stop me from going to an airshow.

Great photos also, looks like you get pretty close to them to get some good shots. Thanks for the info!
    Nikon D200 w/ battery grip
    Nikon D50
    Nikon D70
    SB-600
    SB-800
    Nikon 50mm
    Nikkon 18-55
    Sigma 28-90
    Sigma 55-200
    Sigma 70-300
    Sigma 50-500
    Feisol CM-1471 Monopod
    Kenko Extension Tubes

Images
    Wow, those are pretty impressive.

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter..."
    Ansel Adams

"... So don't choke and screw it up!" Me

Mike Collins

Canon 5DMk3 (gripped), 17-40L f/4, 24-70L f/2.8 II, 70-200L f/2.8 IS II, 100 f/2.8 Macro, 135L f/2, 200L f/1.8, TC1.4 II, TC2 III, 600EX-RT (2), ST-E3-RT
    Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information