+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Snowy Egret

  1. #1

    Snowy Egret

    Tried some sharpness enhancing, but what would you do?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    1,028
    Images
    42
    Try increasing the saturation some? (I'm still figuring out the processing myself).
    ~Jenn
    Adrenaline Junkie and Web Developer
    Go Noles!! FSU Baby!

    Main Camera: Olympus Evolt E-510
    Olympus Lenses:
    Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 --
    Olympus Lens Hood LH-61C
    Zuiko Digital 40-150mm f4.0-5.6 -- Olympus Lens Hood LH-61D
    Other Lenses: Opteka 420-800mm Super Telephoto Lens
    Alternate Cam: Olympus Stylus 790SW
    Other: Miscellaneous Lens Filters, Opteka 2x Teleconverter, Sunpak 5800D Tripod, Cable Shutter Release, Olympus RM-1 Remote


    Website:
    http://www.jumpquick.com/
    Flickr Profile: http://www.flickr.com/people/17888210@N07/
    On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Jenn_Dandle/5248556



  3. Vertical crop it (chopping out the blank space).

    Increase saturation and contrast just a bit.

    Try to balance the right and left side of the bird - bring down the highlights a bit if you want to (involves dodging/burning or adjustment layers + masks)
    XT|10-22|50 1.4|70-200 4.0|580ex|430ex

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Liverpool NY
    Posts
    3,957
    Images
    1
    i would probably bring down the exposure a little then use the highlights/shaodows adjustments in light room to try and even things out.
    http://www.dslocum-photography.com

    Nikon D300
    Nikon 18-200VR
    Sigma 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikon SB-600

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by slappy sam
    Vertical crop it (chopping out the blank space).

    Increase saturation and contrast just a bit.

    Try to balance the right and left side of the bird - bring down the highlights a bit if you want to (involves dodging/burning or adjustment layers + masks)
    Might be easier to just take another picture, even if I have to climb the tree. LOL

    J/K
    Might be a fun practice exercise.

    Thanks to all

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nassau, New York, United States
    Posts
    9,844
    Images
    3013
    First off... to retake it will mean to shoot in the morning or evening... I would guess this shot was midday... which is the toughest on lighting... they talk about the "golden hour" for photography and its real...

    For the shot you took I would do some creative cropping, then add contrast and maybe a high pass sharpening... which will work off a layer instead of USM direct to the image...
    Ross Mealey
    Canon Professional Services Member

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgnoi1
    First off... to retake it will mean to shoot in the morning or evening... I would guess this shot was midday... which is the toughest on lighting... they talk about the "golden hour" for photography and its real...

    For the shot you took I would do some creative cropping, then add contrast and maybe a high pass sharpening... which will work off a layer instead of USM direct to the image...
    I understand sharpening, somewhat, but not sure what you mean by
    "high pass sharpening... which will work off a layer instead of USM direct to the image..."

    I will be taking many photos mid-day while on a vacation in Washington, D.C. week after next. Probably should get a polarizing filter to help soften the light. I'll also review mid-day techniques in my various books.

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nassau, New York, United States
    Posts
    9,844
    Images
    3013
    Heres a quick down and dirty on high pass sharpening...

    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...arpening.shtml
    Ross Mealey
    Canon Professional Services Member

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgnoi1
    Heres a quick down and dirty on high pass sharpening...

    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...arpening.shtml
    Cool, thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts