+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New shots, after a week of Photoshop World

Images
    Chris - awesome shots; the colors, the model are excellent! Thanks for sharing your technique!
    Rick
    "Regret is just a memory, written on my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now."
    Willie Nelson

Gear List
    Charter Oak Photographic Society - West Hartford, CT

Thanks to the kind comments!

Chris
    Camera DSLR Canon: Two Xti 400D
    Camera Sony:
    5.1 Cyber-Shot (Point & Shoot)
    Glass:
    Tamron 28-80mm F3.5-F5.6 | Tamron AF 75-300mm F4 - F5.6 | Sigma AF 50mm F2.8 DG Macro | Sigma AF 105mm F2.8 DG Macro | Sigma AF 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG | Sigma 20-40mm F2.8 DG Asphirical | Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 APO EX DG Macro | Sigma APO Tele Converter 1.4x EX DG |
    Grear: Sekonic Exposure Meter L-380B | Tripod Manfrotto 785B - Modo | Tripod Manfrotto 3011BN + Manfrotto 3265 Pistol Grip | Speedlight 430 EX Flash with LumiQuest Softbox | Two 5-in-1 Bounce Reflectors | Four(4) 1800 Ultra - White Lightning Strobes with lots of light modifyers and filters | Muslin Backdrops | 14 Various Light Stands & Booms | 20 Gigs of CF Cards (various sizes) |

NAPP Member since 2000

Chris M Carroll
    StudioCMC
    Bear, Delaware

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StudioCMC
    Wow.. I never thought of that Ross.. THATS MY FIRST TRAIN SHOOT TOO! LOL

Chris, Uh.. LOL, I dunno.. Why?
    Just so you know... that coach is pretty old... from the looks of the tar roof, and running gear its from the '20-30s... the only thing I see thats strange is that the bearings are roller bearings which may make it newer... just some background information... =)
    Ross Mealey
    Canon Professional Services Member

Chris,

Your work has gone from excellent to incredible! I wish I had your talents, both as a photographer and a lab man. Great job!
    Photography stuff.
    www.iangrey.com

Images
    Chris...those shots are awesome. The word for me that best describes the first photo is...explosive. Such vibrant colors and each one stands out on it's own. Your subject is, of course, gorgeous which adds to it. Her eyes certainly "pop" in the second photo.

My being an amateur probably hinders me from conveying what I truly think of the photos, but just know that I think they are awesome.
    Thomas T. "Tommy" Warshaw III
    Click here to view my photos.

RIP Thomas T. Warshaw Jr.
    17 August 1959 - 4 March 2008

FTM-PTB

Thanks all

I really have been doing a lot of reading, and for me to pull this off with a 1.6 sensor, I am really looking to move to a bigger camera, but I would like to continue pushing this as far as I can with this XTi and my Sigma collection of glass.

In all I do love all of the positive remarks, but I am also open to CC too.
    I dont always see the things that you folks see.

Chris
    Camera Sony:
    Glass:
    Tamron 28-80mm F3.5-F5.6 | Tamron AF 75-300mm F4 - F5.6 | Sigma AF 50mm F2.8 DG Macro | Sigma AF 105mm F2.8 DG Macro | Sigma AF 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG | Sigma 20-40mm F2.8 DG Asphirical | Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 APO EX DG Macro | Sigma APO Tele Converter 1.4x EX DG |
    Grear: Sekonic Exposure Meter L-380B | Tripod Manfrotto 785B - Modo | Tripod Manfrotto 3011BN + Manfrotto 3265 Pistol Grip | Speedlight 430 EX Flash with LumiQuest Softbox | Two 5-in-1 Bounce Reflectors | Four(4) 1800 Ultra - White Lightning Strobes with lots of light modifyers and filters | Muslin Backdrops | 14 Various Light Stands & Booms | 20 Gigs of CF Cards (various sizes) |

NAPP Member since 2000

Chris M Carroll
    StudioCMC
    Bear, Delaware

Chris,

You're right. I was so blown away by these shots at first that I forgot to look for stuff to be improved. Here's what I see:

In #1, she looks to have a hot spot on her chest above the bra. Her face seems a little dark. Also, did you lighten her left foot? I think if it were a little darker and if the shoe was brought out of the shadows more it would be more effective.

In #2, the only thing I can see is that her left foot is cut off, but I'm not sure how important that really is.

Really, really nice.
    Photography stuff.
    www.iangrey.com

Images
    I like them alot Chris! Thanks for sharing the behind the scenes how to. My only critique would be her pose in number 1, something just doesn't do it for me, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

On a side note, my husband loves your work He calls you the Amazon photographer LOL
    D90
    18-105mm
    50mm 1.8
    Flash

Back in the game... and switching sides...

. o O (How did I get that name)
    Camera Sony:
    Glass:

NAPP Member since 2000

Chris M Carroll
    StudioCMC
    Bear, Delaware

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information