+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Toy - RRS Ballhead

Images

New Toy - RRS Ballhead

Just traded in my pan-tilt head in favor of the RRS 40 LRII ballhead and, wow, am I impressed with the workmanship that goes into their products! Of course, that workmanship comes at a steep price. I think it's going to be well worth it though. Can't wait to get out and try it out, but laid up today after a minor surgical procedure on my back.

Oh, and how did I forget about the need to attach my camera to my monopod? My head must have been spinning after the ballhead and plates.
    Rick
    "Regret is just a memory, written on my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now."
    Willie Nelson

Gear List
    Charter Oak Photographic Society - West Hartford, CT

Images
    Wow... I'm officially impressed. I moved to an Acratech ballhead a while back (from a 3 way head) and love it, but the RRS is in a different league I think.

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter..."
    Ansel Adams

"... So don't choke and screw it up!" Me

Mike Collins

Canon 5DMk3 (gripped), 17-40L f/4, 24-70L f/2.8 II, 70-200L f/2.8 IS II, 100 f/2.8 Macro, 135L f/2, 200L f/1.8, TC1.4 II, TC2 III, 600EX-RT (2), ST-E3-RT
    Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye

Nice!
    I've got an enxpensive pistol grip ball head and I just can't get used to it, I switched back to my panhead, they are fast, guess I'll have to get used to it more. Good luck with yours and enjoy.
    The name is Winston, but please call me Sandy, and never late for dinner.
    http://flowingriverphotos.com

""Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields

Images
    I'm pretty psyched about it; the pan-tilt was just not working out for me. It won't help me get better pictures, but it will help me get the bad ones easier!!
    Rick
    "Regret is just a memory, written on my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now."
    Willie Nelson

Gear List
    Charter Oak Photographic Society - West Hartford, CT

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information