PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive Advertisement - Widget

Orgnoi1
10-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Is anyone else noticing a lag while this current ad completes its download to the page?

convergent
10-23-2007, 09:07 AM
If there was a lag, it was because of a server loading problem. That ad loads after the page loads... at least that's what I've seen here. The server was having problems yesterday which I'm looking into. PDAPhoneHome had about a 20% increase in traffic yesterday because of a new product that is now available. We are loading an apache accellerator and I'm potentially going to roll back a version on our ad management system which may be contributing to the problem. I don't think that ad there has anything to do with it, but I could be wrong.

Orgnoi1
10-23-2007, 09:12 AM
What I am getting is that the page loads fine... but it has a little mini lock up while the ad loads... once the ad loads up it works ok... it could also be MY problem here as my work computer isnt the latest and greatest either...

convergent
10-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Here the page is loading nearly instantly... and then that ad has a little "loading" icon in the middle... eventually it starts displaying stuff.... but the rest of the page works fine in the mean time.

StudioCMC
10-23-2007, 02:30 PM
On 3 diffrent occasions, I ahve noted a non-loading page, or a 23+ second load times for the main entry or the forum directly.

I dunno what it is.. But I would suggest that you also put a Bot limiter on the page, as all the spiders and search bots are consuming bandwitdh as well.

Just a thought.

Chris

StudioCMC
10-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Wow, each page re-load takes 3 to 6 seconds.. As soon as the ad runs, it smothes out. But short posts to read the replys & threads, make it a pain to quickly browse the site now..

Chris

nvr2low
10-23-2007, 04:05 PM
the site does seam a little slow, havent really paid any attention as to why.

rparent
10-23-2007, 04:16 PM
I get the same thing Ross is saying. The page loads up but locks for a few seconds as that ad loads.