PDA

View Full Version : I got Fong'd

JayVig
09-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Before you call me a pervert... hahaha...

I bought a Gary Fong Lightsphere II. I j ust ordered it today so maybe I'll have it by the weekend or early next week. I know there ar emixed reviews on it. The concept makes sense, he's sold a ton of 'em. I know Mike has one and I seem to remember that he liked it. A pro wedding photog had one and went nuts for it. In this photography world where everything is hundreds (or thousands) of dollars, I figured, what's 50 bucks to give it a try.

I also jumped on ebay and bought one of those plain diffusers to go over the top of my 430 as well. That one was like 9 bucks (12 including shipping or something).

I decided to do this because of the birthday party. It was getting dark outside and I was using my flash. Truthfully, I used it all day for fill but at this point I just needed it. When I took the present shots indoors it was necessary. And I was shooting mostly with the camera in portrait orientation and had the flash angled up to bounce off the ceiling, then i'd turn the camera landscape for a minute and what's up now... the flash is pointing to the right. So I learned about creating harsh lighting for myself real quick. It was time to by some more gear and learn how to create a variety of lighting conditions for myself and battle against harsh conditions that i get put in as well.

zacker
09-25-2007, 04:01 PM
let us know how it works.

Ya know, My Tupperware bowl was only $1.99 and it will hold your lunch!
lol,lol,lol.. Have you tried the better bounce card? works very well too!

JustinL
09-25-2007, 04:04 PM
We gotta get some tests with that thing!

JayVig
09-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I have not tried a bounce card at all yet. But I don't do things simply. I'm just too damn impulsive. HAHA.