PDA

View Full Version : Stores that sell prints

Paralyzed7
07-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm looking for any stores in the Albany / Schenectady area that would sell the prints of local photographers. Any one have any ideas?

Pegdragger
07-18-2007, 04:19 PM
I don't. I am looking to do the same as well. Actually, I talked to someone at Frame of Mind in Stuyvesant Plaza, and they do sell some local photography. I think the guy's name was Joe (or maybe Chuck) and he was there early in the morning either Monday or Tuesday. I will try to confirm that. I haven't spoken with him as of yet.

zacker
07-18-2007, 07:40 PM
try getting your local town offices to hang some... the town hall, the banks, the library..anywhere..

Orgnoi1
07-19-2007, 07:16 AM
I would agree with Zacker... its surprising what can happen if you can get some at a town hall or something with your business card in it...

cosmonaut
08-21-2007, 11:40 PM
We have a couple of Antique Malls here in Rome Georgia and they let me sell on consignment. I also have some in an Art Gallery but they charge a 40% fee to sell them and they have to be framed and matted. Check your area for an Art Gallery. I also sold one on ebay. But I ain't selling a whole lot, a couple a month is all.
Cosmo

zacker
08-22-2007, 07:07 AM
hey, I just read in the newspaper, we are getting a new coffee shop in town.. its a coffee shop, but with a twist. They are going to reserve a 1700 Sq foot (i think it was 1700) wall for local artists to display their work, they are going to let speakers come in and speak.. like politicians can come in and speak and such, poetry readings.. all the stuff that makes a traditional coffe house and more! Its called the funky monkey ... i gotta go up there when it opens and inquire about maybe getting a few shots from around town up on the walls! ...$*&#@, maybe I should actually go get some shots from around town first though...lol

Pegdragger
08-22-2007, 08:22 AM
That sounds pretty cool!

Barry Horn
08-22-2007, 09:45 AM
People who are good at self-promotion usually sell more than their share of prints. I wish I was better at it, and a better photographer ... and a better ...