PDA

View Full Version : Pro-1 and Firmware UG

GraphyFotoz
07-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Well I enquired around about how to check the Firmware version of this lil guy.
Low and behold after 4yrs and 2 previous owners it was still old version 1.0.0.0 and not 1.0.1.0! Amazing!!
Gotter done and now the AF is MUCH faster!!

For anyone else here this is the info I got from Canon Forums

(Guy from Quito Ecuador)

If you have ZoomBrrowserEX installed it is straight forward (well, almost):

Connect the camera to the USB port, The Camera Window dialog box will pop-up.
Click the tab Set to Camera, click Confirms/changes camera settings, in the Camera Settings dialog box you can read the Firmware Version: 1.0.1.0 is the latest one.

If Camera Window fails to open, start ZoomBrowserEX, in Tasks click Acquire & Camera Settings then click Connect to Camera, the Camera Window dialog box will appear, follow the instructions above.

The CD that came with the Pro1 has ZoomBrowser ver. 4.6. Mine was updated to ver. 5.8 so the procedure may be slightly different.

The update was available in Nov. 2004. Most of the new cameras were sold with the update installed and not all had the dot in the battery compartment.

The update is a do-it-once procedure; you can not run it twice. I recommend reading the firmware version before any attempt of installing it.

So I found this help with some Googling

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/pspro1/firmware-e.html

zacker
07-14-2007, 12:14 PM
was that the pro1 site? theres a guy from Ecudor there..might be on POTN too... good guy.. he and his son both shoot pro 1's... Thats where / how i met Ross and found this place..lol

GraphyFotoz
07-14-2007, 03:34 PM
was that the pro1 site? theres a guy from Ecudor there..might be on POTN too... good guy.. he and his son both shoot pro 1's... Thats where / how i met Ross and found this place..lol

POTN He goes by rpolitsr aka Rafael

zacker
07-14-2007, 04:22 PM
yep i believe his son is rpolitjr ...lol

GraphyFotoz
07-15-2007, 09:16 PM
That lil Pro-1 is quite a impressive lil cam!
If I had known about it sooner I never woulda got my Sony 828 I had.
Either way I wouldn't give up my DSLR for one.
For a P&S I'd say it'd be hard to beat.
Esp with a 28-200mm f2.4-3.5 L lens built in! :eek:

zacker
07-16-2007, 07:07 AM
That lil Pro-1 is quite a impressive lil cam!
If I had known about it sooner I never woulda got my Sony 828 I had.
Either way I wouldn't give up my DSLR for one.
For a P&S I'd say it'd be hard to beat.
Esp with a 28-200mm f2.4-3.5 L lens built in! :eek:

its funny you say that... when I was looking for my first cam, I really wanted the Sony 717 but couldnt find one new and used, they were still at the 500.00 to 700.00 dollar mark and the 828 had just been announced as was the 20D... I couldnt afford any of those so then while researching the Nikon P&S pro-sumer level cams, I was on "Steves digicam review" and saw the pro1... it looked nice, had the "L" lens and all the stuff i thought i needed... so i went with that.