PDA

View Full Version : Still Life Forum?

Will Brady
07-12-2007, 12:45 AM
Could we have a forum for photos that are still life photo studies? Putting them into the "anything else" would get them lost and I would venture to guess that many on the group have still lifes to post if the option were available.
http://www.rondak.org/willart/interiors/chinacabinet2.jpg

zacker
07-12-2007, 07:05 AM
Nice Will... workbench or Bar?? or are you portraying some messege like... "Your screwed if you drink" or "dont drink or your a Tool" ha ha!

twoshadows
07-12-2007, 08:02 AM
There's a lot to look at in this photo :) . Nice shot for what looks like a low light situation.

Orgnoi1
07-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Certainly is a lot to look at... I just realized that its also a semi-self portrait... I will take a look around in the other galleries and if theres enough still life art in there we can look into starting up a new section...

Will Brady
07-12-2007, 10:12 PM
1- Thanks for the interest in still lifes.

2- The image is called "china cabinet" although the amount of china in it has gone dramatically down over the years. Looking the background you will see two chests, one of me, the other of the cabinet's owner, so while you are correct that it is autobiographical in nature, it is the other guy, not me, who it is the autobiography of.

He's a custom builder who has constructed houses from scratch that are "Dwell" magazine material, as well as add ons to historic houses that it would be difficult to tell where the old house left off and the new part began.