PDA

View Full Version : We're waiting.

JayVig
07-03-2007, 08:30 PM
It's July THIRD already. Where's the contest? Since most of the board has bought Photomatix (thanks for the introduction Craig) maybe we can do an HDR contest. I'm just throwing out ideas because I'm looking forward to having some forced inspiration come my way.

JerseyMutt
07-03-2007, 09:39 PM
I like the sound of an HDR contest. Like Jay, the contests are a neat way for me to try new things and hone my fledgling skills.

JayVig
07-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Sometimes I'm at a loss for something to shoot and I get tired of the same ol' stuff so the contests give me ideas and thought of new locations.

zacker
07-03-2007, 10:15 PM
sounds good to me but there are alot of mems here who dont have PM... maybe we can do a sorta mini contest!!

JayVig
07-03-2007, 10:25 PM
they can even use the trial version with the watermark for the sake of the contest.

i'd even be willing to work it out where they make the image and then email me the 3 photos with the Photomatix settings to recreate without the watermark for them.

Orgnoi1
07-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Sorry about the wait... we will probably not do a contest this month as its been a little crazy... the one main issue I see on the HDR contest is that theres too many variables to it... some people enjoy making the cartoon like images while some people like the more realisitic stuff... maybe we can do that as a mini contest at a later date though...

zacker
07-10-2007, 02:13 PM
I have been racking (or wracking?) my brain over how to get a good HDR contest going ever since Jay mentioned it.. There are only a few members here who shoot HDR and have the program so I dont think it would have very many entries, esp since mods and such arent really encouraged to enter them..(even though we sometimes do and I think all of us here know eachother enough to know theres no shenenigans going on with judging) anyhow, Im still looking for a way to do something like this in the not to distant future! Stay tuned!

JayVig
07-10-2007, 02:13 PM
That works. It was just an idea to get something going. I'm up for anything.

GraphyFotoz
07-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Sorry about the wait... we will probably not do a contest this month as its been a little crazy... the one main issue I see on the HDR contest is that theres too many variables to it... some people enjoy making the cartoon like images while some people like the more realisitic stuff... maybe we can do that as a mini contest at a later date though...

Yeah one variable is I dunno what HDR is just yet or how to do it!! :rolleyes: :o:

stoneylonesome
07-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Yeah one variable is I dunno what HDR is just yet or how to do it!! :rolleyes: :o:

HDR High Dynamic Range, the simplest explination is that you bracket a shot to be -2 0 +2 on the exposure, than with the HDR softwar or CS3 you combine the 3 shot (or more) and do a final toning to it, here is the link to the free download and some samples (the download leaves a watermark) the cost to register it is $99.

http://www.hdrsoft.com/