PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Pro-1 58mm Adapter

GraphyFotoz
07-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Looks like I'm getting a Canon Pro-1 for the Wife.
Only thing is the 58mm filter adapter is missing.
Anyone got one around they will part with?

GraphyFotoz
07-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Can you help here Mr Ross?

Orgnoi1
07-02-2007, 06:54 AM
I dont have my Pro-1 anymore... but I can look around for you and see if I can find somewheres that sells them if you like..

zacker
07-02-2007, 07:08 AM
only place I know to get one is from Canon for like $11.00 or so.. not bad considering that it will allow you to use a fliter... if not, your kinda screwed so... $11.00 is still better than $20.00 . But tbeware, DO NOT tighten the filter to the adapter at all.. just enough to hold it on, if so you may never get it off.. believe me, this has been the subject of MANY discussiands over at the pro1 site!! I actually had to make a "wrench" to remove mine!!!

GraphyFotoz
07-02-2007, 07:08 AM
I dont have my Pro-1 anymore... but I can look around for you and see if I can find somewheres that sells them if you like..

Thanx Ross if you would!

Prefer a good used one if possible....unless it's a reasonable priced item new?
The Pro-1 you had......kid was more interested in Vid games I guess.

Found one for the Wife(Owe Her a camera from 35mm days) 500 clicks - or less... only thing missing is that dang adapter.
$350 shipped....everything else is with it.

Orgnoi1
07-02-2007, 07:23 AM
Well I would assume (the mother of all evils..LOL) that even new it should be fairly inexpensive... maybe $20 or so... in the interim you can use the hood so that the lens is protected... I almost never used the filter on it... although I kept it like that in the bag... along with the filter adaptor you will need a 58mm Canon cap for over the filter...