PDA

View Full Version : The Lightsphere-II ????

Scotfree1993
06-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Has anyone every used Gary Fong's Lightsphere II?

twoshadows
06-26-2007, 02:52 PM
I haven't, but I hear that a lot of wedding photogs use it.

JayVig
06-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Wha t is it?

JayVig
06-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Nevermind. I just looked it up and it's funny you should mention wedding photogs. I just saw this being used by one of the trio shooting one of the weddings i was at 2 weeks ago. He used it both with the dome in and out depending on the shot. I may even have a shot of him using one in the background.

zacker
06-26-2007, 03:08 PM
it looks like a toilet and i cant get past that... I am not THAT mature... that said, i think its outrageously over priced and really doesnt offer much over any other flas modifyer out there today. But then again, most non photog people will see that and go " whoa! This guy must be good, look at that set up he's using" lol

JayVig
06-26-2007, 03:11 PM
HAHA. Do I qualify as a photog person yet? I hope not because I saw it and said "whoa! This guy must be good, look at that set up he's using"

Teresa221
06-26-2007, 03:46 PM
I have one and I just used it at a shoot for the first time this past weekend. I usually prefer to bounce my flash if I have to use it - but we were outdoors and I was backlighting, so I was using my mongo reflector and my flash with the LS on it.

I'm pretty pleased with the results, though I don't like the "flash" catchlight. The reflector gave a nice catchlight, so I'll just clone out the icky flash one.