PDA

View Full Version : Photomatix student discount

JayVig
06-15-2007, 05:37 PM
I was looking on HDRSoft's website today considering buying a license for photomatix. Before I dropped a bunch of coin I had to check into any deals.
As you may, or may not, know the prices are as follows:
$99 - software license
$69 - Photoshop Plugin
$109 - combo

If you're a student, however, here is a quote from the site - "Our academic/educational pricing is a 70% discount off the price of Photomatix Pro for a single license. For Photomatix Bundle, an additional $10 is added."

That makes the price $29.30 for the initial license and $39.30 for the bundle. I don't know if this applies to anyone out there but that's a huge discount and wanted to let everyone know, just in case.

zacker
06-15-2007, 05:48 PM
lol you need a college kid to get it and give you the PIN number!!

JayVig
06-15-2007, 05:52 PM
AHA! i AM a college kid. I take classes on the side so I should qualify!

zacker
06-15-2007, 07:39 PM
i think you need a .edu email addy!

JayVig
06-15-2007, 09:41 PM
There are three cases to get the discount: Case 1: You have an email address with the extension ".edu" or similar academic extensions. In this case, you just need to enter this email address in the form below to automatically receive the instructions for purchasing with the academic discount at our reseller SWREG. (Note: some email servers seem to reject emails that are automatically generated - if you don't receive anything, please contact us directly.)Case 2: The email address of your academic institution does not include the ".edu" or ".ac" string. In this case, enter you email address in the form below and we will first manually check whether it refers to the site of an academic institutions before sending you the instructions for purchasing with the academic discount at our reseller SWREG. Case 3: You don't have an academic email address. In this case, we are requiring a scan or fax of your faculty/student ID card or similar type of documents.

I qualify for Case 3

twoshadows
06-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Very cool, Jay. I don't qualify, but I bought it anyway :D.

sternenleiche
04-18-2009, 06:03 AM
Heyyas! Just a little Question: Do you know if it´s possible to get the student version, even when you´re not living in the us?
I just googled around and i just found the Dollar prices, not for other countries.
Maybe you can help me :)
Thanks anyway!

Orgnoi1
04-18-2009, 06:15 AM
Here is the site that goes over the academic pricing...

http://www.hdrsoft.com/order/academic.html

It looks like prices are going to be in USD though so when you purchase something it should automatically convert it to your bills for whichever country you purchase from...

sternenleiche
04-18-2009, 06:35 AM
awesome! thank you =)

Orgnoi1
04-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Very welcome... glad I could help!