PDA

View Full Version : Red Bellied Turtle

sandcmom
06-13-2007, 12:42 PM
I took the kids on a 2 mile hike to Batsto Lake, NJ over the weekend. Since I don't post too many pics, I thought I'd throw up this guy. I believe he's a red-bellied turtle, and a pretty-good sized one at that, basking on a stump. It's a crop from a larger shot taken from a distance and it's a little soft, because I can NEVER remember to take the monopod with me. :Hammer Oh well.

We also ran across a Northern Pine Snake, but we were too busy trying to get out of each others way to get a good picture. The only one I have is blurred pretty badly, and I wasn't about to ask the snake to come back out and pose for me!

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/4/4/6/turtle.JPG

Orgnoi1
06-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Very cute shot... definately looks like he was posing for you... so why was it again why you didnt get the snake to pose for you also?...LOL

stoneylonesome
06-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Nice shot, Looks like he's trying to stretch out and reach the sun. :D
I'm sure the snake would have come back for you. :eek:

sandcmom
06-13-2007, 02:24 PM
My kids darned near tripped over the snake on the trail. I had to point him out to them while he was making a hasty retreat to a fallen tree. My kids would have been happy for me to poke at him with a stick to try to drag him out from his hiding place...trust me on that one, but although I don't have a fear of snakes, unlike my unnatural fear of spiders, I wasn't about to tick him off and risk getting bit, even though he wasn't poisonous.

Pegdragger
06-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Great shot! I have hundreds of shots like this of turtles at Assateague Island in Virginia!

twoshadows
06-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Turtles are great. You caught a nice pose. Nice shot.

ATVinBarbie
06-14-2007, 08:26 AM
This is a very cool shot. :tup

Irishpub3
06-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Look at him posing for you... nice shot!:)