PDA

View Full Version : My latest black and white attempt

SandPVRR
05-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Hello All, this was taken with my Olympus E-500 with a 14-45 MM lens in the black and white mode right on the camera. Location is Northern Maine Junction in Hermon, Maine. As to what I was hoping to accomplish, well, simply trying to show the two locomotives in sight in a different way, and I guess achieve a look of 'cool' :-)
Comments?
-Joey

zacker
05-23-2007, 04:31 PM
that is pretty cool... did you do any corrections in Photoshop?

SandPVRR
05-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Zacker, no corrections done in photoshop, as I don't use it! :-) I'm a GIMPer - nothing done in that or Picasa either......
-Joey

ATVinBarbie
05-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I think it's great just the way it is. :love

Definately a good choice to go with B&W for this photo. :tup

SandPVRR
05-23-2007, 05:18 PM
I think it's great just the way it is. :love

Definately a good choice to go with B&W for this photo. :tup

Well thank you - I'm flattered!
-Joey

zacker
05-23-2007, 08:27 PM
yeah.... i like it too! Gimp huh? i have never tried it...

SandPVRR
05-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Well thank you all - as to the GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/ GIMP stands for the GNU Image Manipulation Program - and is intended to be a clone of PhotoShop (well, okay, perhaps more like a program with a bunch of the same features) It is an OpenSource application, and is available at no cost. This, combined with the fact that it comes with most major Linux distributions (I'm a major Linux nut, and a Computer Tech by trade) lead to my investigation in it - and I've done a lot of stuff with it - http://www.citypointcentralmuseum.org - has a logo I designed with the GIMP. Ok - now that I've rambled a bit.......
-Joey

JayVig
05-23-2007, 08:39 PM
There are lots of apps that are GNU based or general open source that are just as good as the originals. Anyone who needs MS Office and doesn't have $650 laying around (that's not already earmarked for new glass ;) ) can go get open office. Just like MS Office except for the price of - FREE

JerseyMutt
05-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Photo looks great as is. If I was gonna do anything to it though, I would give it a slight clockwise rotation. Other than that, it's a killer shot. :thumb

Orgnoi1
05-24-2007, 07:11 AM
I have to agree with JerseyMutt... its got slight left-itis... otherwise a very creative and artisitic night shot :thumb

SandPVRR
05-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Thank you all!
I gotta admit - I'm left handed....... So - yeah.... :-)
-Joey

JayVig
05-24-2007, 07:33 AM
i didn't notice the left tilt until they said something. now i see it. it IS slight.

JerseyMutt
05-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Thank you all!
I gotta admit - I'm left handed....... So - yeah.... :-)
-Joey

Don't feel bad. I'm regularly using the rotate feature in PSP or CS2. ;)