PDA

View Full Version : moose spotting

J.W.
04-28-2007, 08:32 PM
just caught this guy on my way home from work today (about 15mins ago actually). not the greatest quality since it was getting dark, but this is the first time ive caught one on "film".

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6892/200704290054zs9.jpg

zacker
04-29-2007, 05:50 AM
where the heck do you guys live where you still have snow and have moose??? Canada or Maine??? I wish we had moose running around!! They look awesome!

GraphyFotoz
04-29-2007, 06:23 AM
SUPER!! Just like me with the Bear last year!!
http://graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/gallery/1232365#101094043-L-LB
On a VERY RARE occasion there is a Moose sited here in my area of NY.
Bout 15yrs ago a hunter shot one in the ass and killed it....claimed it was charging him!
Needless to say he had lotsa time to think about it in Prison!

J.W.
04-29-2007, 07:24 AM
where the heck do you guys live where you still have snow and have moose??? Canada or Maine??? I wish we had moose running around!! They look awesome!
LOL, im in southern VT. we just got snow like a week ago, 'bout 10".
i usually only see a few moose a year, but he was actually the second one i saw yesterday, on the way to work in the morning i saw one just heading into the woods as i came around a corner, but he was too quick for me to get the camera. i watched this one for like 10-15 mins before enough ppl stopped to see what i was doing and they scared him away. one guy said they are doing construction on the other side of the hill so they must be getting scarred over this way.

J.W.
04-29-2007, 07:27 AM
SUPER!! Just like me with the Bear last year!!
http://graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/gallery/1232365#101094043-L-LB
On a VERY RARE occasion there is a Moose sited here in my area of NY.
Bout 15yrs ago a hunter shot one in the ass and killed it....claimed it was charging him!
Needless to say he had lotsa time to think about it in Prison!

nice catch!

while the moose was charging him he musta jumped over it, Matrix style, and shot it in the ass. I can see that happening, lol.

GraphyFotoz
04-29-2007, 07:39 AM
I tell ya......I rarely go anywhere without my Camera any more! :)
IF I could get a photo shot of a Moose(Other than his ass :D ) Esp with horns....I'd be ecstatic!! :happy
I was doing a snoopy dance over the Bear!
Neighboring town (Owego NY) there is a Momma and 4 cubs around.
Dangerous yes.....but I'd be dumb enough to get the shot! :rolleyes:
Well ONLY with my 80-400 that is!!

JayVig
04-29-2007, 09:39 AM
The only time I've seen moose has been in southern Vermont as well actually. I had no idea how enormous they are until I saw one live the first time.

The snoopy dance line cracked me up!

J.W.
04-29-2007, 07:22 PM
I tell ya......I rarely go anywhere without my Camera any more! :)
IF I could get a photo shot of a Moose(Other than his ass :D ) Esp with horns....I'd be ecstatic!! :happy
Neighboring town (Owego NY) there is a Momma and 4 cubs around.
Dangerous yes.....but I'd be dumb enough to get the shot! :rolleyes:
Well ONLY with my 80-400 that is!!
im the same, esp this time of year when all the wildlife is coming out.

yeah, not the greatest pose he could have given me, lol.

for some reason i havent seen many bears up here the last few years.

J.W.
04-29-2007, 07:25 PM
The only time I've seen moose has been in southern Vermont as well actually. I had no idea how enormous they are until I saw one live the first time.

The snoopy dance line cracked me up!

they can get VERY big.

GraphyFotoz
04-29-2007, 07:43 PM
I did Hunt when I was in my teens.
Now I just prefer to shoot a pic of animals and let em on their way.
Got a small hurd of deer that like to cut threw my yard and munch my Lilac buds....also clean out my tube feeders.
That don't make me to happy!

J.W.
04-30-2007, 05:00 PM
looks like all the wildlife is finally coming back out. i think im going to have to start making sure i leave my camera on auto when i shut it off so i'll be ready for these no time to figure out what i need to do shots....

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/1394/200704300001ag4.jpg