PDA

View Full Version : Flower C+C please

KDN
04-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Let me know if this works or not. Thanks.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/kdncarroll/IMG_8656KadianRoman4_26_07.jpg

Orgnoi1
04-26-2007, 07:31 PM
First off heres your settings...

Canon XT and 100mm Macro

ISO400, 1/80", f/5

I am noticing a bit of grain on this shot. Can you explain how you processed as at ISO400 you shouldnt be seeing any really...

I would run a noise reducer on the image and re-USM it... that should blur the grain a tad but lift the sharpness...

stoneylonesome
04-26-2007, 07:35 PM
My only suggestion is that instead of trying to macro a group of flowers try to keep the one in focus more to the center, I find this one a little distracting, in the fact I have to search or at best look over to the right see the flower in focus. It's nice that they are not all focused but I'd try more to keep only the background ones blurry. Does this make any sense? :confused:

KDN
04-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Thank you guys, the noise is probably because I sharpened it more then I should have and cropped it (I'm cheating here I know lol)
Stoney- I was feeling the same way that's why I posted it up, wanted to know if it was just me or not.
Can you tell I'm bored and desperately need to use my camera LOL.

I'll try running it through neat image to see if it makes it better or not and post it up.

KDN
04-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Okay, doesn't look much better to me, maybe I just need to junk it...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/kdncarroll/IMG_8656KadianRoman4_26_07NI.jpg

nvr2low
04-26-2007, 08:08 PM
still looks a little grainy to me, but its looking better

stoneylonesome
04-26-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm bored also so I gave it a try. All I did was do tighter crop and a little sharpen. I'm afraid because of the loosy format of JPG it doesn't like being saved and resaved. So there is still grain.

GraphyFotoz
04-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Being a Flower "Master" (so I've been told):rolleyes:
I can tell ya from experience that white is tough!
Unless you can get a low ISO (200 or less)and fair amount of light....pretty much a wasted frame.
Too much light and they get blown out.....too little and either ya get grain or white looks Grey.
It's a crap shoot but when it works you have a super shot!

ATVinBarbie
04-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Being a Flower "Master" (so I've been told):rolleyes:
I can tell ya from experience that white is tough!
Unless you can get a low ISO (200 or less)and fair amount of light....pretty much a wasted frame.
Too much light and they get blown out.....too little and either ya get grain or white looks Grey.
It's a crap shoot but when it works you have a super shot!

I agree... white IS tough under most conditions.

convergent
04-27-2007, 09:07 AM
In addition to the comments of others which I agree with, to me they look a bit dark. I'm not sure if that's a consequence of trying to keep the detail in white or not... but they just look too dark.

KDN
04-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks everyone, I'll just have to try again when it's not raining, now that I have a bunch of good suggestions!