http://farm1.static.flickr.com/198/472851194_5bf92ec47d_o.jpg

This was taken at Hawk Creek on Saturday morning

rparent
04-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Awesome! Great detail and sharpness.

ShelleyNLP
04-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks Ryan!
I swear I was in HEAVEN a Hawk Creek! The birds there are amazing! Gorgeous!! I even got 2 bald eagles!

Orgnoi1
04-25-2007, 06:39 PM
obviously with that closeness.... its a bird santuary right? Great shot though...amazing clarity!!

ShelleyNLP
04-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Yes Ross its located in East Aurora, about 1/2 an hour from me...she has nerve damage to her wing..I think she was hit by a car or something like that.

J.W.
04-25-2007, 06:48 PM
great shot!

Orgnoi1
04-25-2007, 06:57 PM
I need to find a place closer that does the same thing... I know of one but havent ever been down that far looking (its closer to the city)... but the shots you can get are obviously amazing and seriously close...

JerseyMutt
04-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Great shot Shells! The detail is impeccable. :thumb

stoneylonesome
04-25-2007, 07:31 PM
WOW! Fantastic shot, great close-up with some great detail.

nvr2low
04-25-2007, 07:37 PM
great shot!!

zacker
04-25-2007, 10:07 PM
sweet...was that from that "wind over wings" place??

ShelleyNLP
04-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Pssst.....read right under my photo...LOL

zacker
04-26-2007, 07:06 AM
Pssst.....read right under my photo...LOL

did you just add that? youre trying to make me think im crazy huh? lol i was too busy looking at the photo, i never even saw that!!! :Hammer

So, was this taken at a zoo? (lol) seriously, what is this Hawk Creek? is it a rehabilitation place for birds?

JerseyMutt
04-26-2007, 07:08 AM
is it a rehabilitation place for birds?

My name is Tim the Raptor...and I'm an alcoholic...

ShelleyNLP
04-26-2007, 08:00 AM
did you just add that? youre trying to make me think im crazy huh? lol i was too busy looking at the photo, i never even saw that!!! :Hammer

So, was this taken at a zoo? (lol) seriously, what is this Hawk Creek? is it a rehabilitation place for birds?

http://www.hawkcreek.org/ is a bird of prey sanctuary. The animals here can not be let out in the wild again otherwise they would die. For instance.... One WIng is a 1 winged Bald Eagle, he was used...believe it or not...as target practice! How can anyone do something like that to such a majestic bird??? This organization also breeds endangered owls and so far have been relatively succesful! They have released I think they said 10 owls now?
One day you guys gotta come out here to visit, you wont be disappointed!

zacker
04-26-2007, 08:15 AM
sounds like a cool place. I cant imagine the stupidity of someone doing that to anything esp. an agle, the symbol of our Nation and one of the greatest birds of prey ever!
I just read a story of someone shooting an endangered cat in Russia... there were only 7 females left in the world and some Jack *** goes and kills one.. they shot it throught the back bone and then smashed her head in to finish it off. people can be so stupid i swear... whats wrong with them? I know I joke about killing bugs and stuff but I really dont kill them that much... most of the time my wife will come to my rescue and put them out side ..lol

ShelleyNLP
04-26-2007, 09:46 AM
They killed an endanged feline! Ohhh let me at em!!! Im a cat lover...cats of ALL kinds!! I just dont have respect for anyone that can do that to animals or people for that matter...

To see these beautiful animals maimed at this santuary just breaks my heart! My company New Level entertainment plans on sponsoring a cage or 2 at Hawk Creek...I personally will donate what I can since its a non profit organization. Those birds trust thier handlers...and to see them interact the way they do is amazing. They even have a skunk there...he was all cuddled up in the handlers arms, it was so cute...and no I dont know if he was de"skunked" or not LOL

JayVig
04-26-2007, 10:29 AM
They say that skunks make very cute and affectionate pets if you have them de-scented.