PDA

View Full Version : Photography Goals for this year

GraphyFotoz
04-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Warblers......esp the prize of many Birders....a Prothonotary Warbler (Protonotaria citrea) !
Love to get a great pic of one of them!

Nesting Woodpeckers in a hollow tree.
Some SUPER shots of Hummers.
My Dad gets a pair at His place to the feeder every year.
I'm planting more and more flower atractants here in hopes of seeing more in my area.

Some nice shots of Bufflehead....Hooded's or GoldenEye would be nice too.

Love to get a NICE Buck with a BIG rack for a few shots.

This is just a few things.....

Can't wait to see what this year will bring!

You got any Goals? Lets hear em and see if they happen?

zacker
04-11-2007, 07:35 AM
My goal for this year is to actually get a few shots I like!

(im not picky.. Im really not)

Maybe ill just stay home and Knit!!!
J/K actually... I hope to get alot of camera time in this summer and come out of it with some really nice shots!!!

nvr2low
04-11-2007, 07:48 AM
i dont know if i have any specific goals other than to improve my skills.

my main goal is to gain access to more cars so that i can make a huge improvement in my automotive shots.

convergent
04-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Great thread. My goal is to maintain the status quo this year... which is a lot of work in and of itself. Sorry I don't have anything more interesting. :(

sandcmom
04-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Me, I'm still getting used to my new equipment and lenses. Hard to believe I said less than a year ago that I didn't need some fancy-smancy camera and was happy with the Pro 1. The new stuff is a lot more fun, but a lot more work too (and more expensive to boot). My real goal is to improve upon everything and gain some self-confidence, but I have one specific goal in mind.

I want to get over the fear I have about taking pictures of people. I worry constantly that the shot won't turn out and the person will be disappointed. The end goal being that I would love to get some great pictures of my kids that I feel really proud of and would actually hang on the wall.

GraphyFotoz
04-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Oh yeah and one more.....I hope to get more exposure and sell some of my works this year.
Seeing how I haven't really tried and only sold a few by word of mouth thus far.

Orgnoi1
04-11-2007, 09:49 AM
My goals... lets see...

One of my goals is that this forum gets larger and that our already great wealth of knowledge expands while keeping the tight family atmosphere we have now.

Another is to expand my railroad photography...more to come later on that one...

Work more on TRJ as a business and get our name out to further reaches through advertisement and our work...

But all in all this forum means a lot to me... which is why it and its members are listed first :thumb

stoneylonesome
04-11-2007, 02:52 PM
This the Hummer you're talking about?

http://www.hummer3.net/

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

zacker
04-11-2007, 03:06 PM

????????????????? Sandy? You Ok?
lol

ATVinBarbie
04-11-2007, 05:52 PM
We just bought a house last fall... and there is NO existing garden area.... so... there will be much work done on my yard... and there will be MANY pics. :tup

Definately looking to get a great shot of a humming bird. has been my goal for 2 years now... and I get a feeling THIS year is gonna be the prize. :love

GraphyFotoz
04-12-2007, 08:05 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Uhhhh not quite.....the flying variety with feathers! :rolleyes:
NOW if we could get the one you listed to run on sugar water we'd be all set!! :D

GraphyFotoz
04-12-2007, 08:07 AM
We just bought a house last fall... and there is NO existing garden area.... so... there will be much work done on my yard... and there will be MANY pics. :tup

Definately looking to get a great shot of a humming bird. has been my goal for 2 years now... and I get a feeling THIS year is gonna be the prize. :love

That's great Barb! CONGRADS.
We got our 1st house in late summer 2005 and that was the 1st thing we did.
Many of my flower shots came from that effort.
We expand our gardens a lil more each year.

stoneylonesome
04-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Uhhhh not quite.....the flying variety with feathers! :rolleyes:
NOW if we could get the one you listed to run on sugar water we'd be all set!! :D

Just think of the photo opportunities that would open if you had one of those, the out of the way places you could get to. Of course trying to keep gas in that baby would completely depleat you photography budget. :Hammer :Hammer :D :D

aceman152
04-12-2007, 08:21 AM
I believe my goals this coming year are to just plain improve my skills and figure out which niche I want to focus on mainly.

KDN
04-12-2007, 08:53 AM
My goals are the same as everyone else I suppose, to just improve and gain more confidence in myself (of course it I fail miserably at this wedding we can pretty much count that goal out lol)
I'd also like to gain more confidence in taking street candids, I always feel like I'm going to get in trouble photographing someone on the street, so I don't do it.
My last goal would be to start selling some of my work, but I'm still very new and don't expect that to happen, but it would be nice...

Holland_patrick
04-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Mine would be to get to africa and get a TON OF KEEPERS>>>>>>

a mark III would be nice but not something i'll miss if i don't get.

and a sale or two of photo's

zacker
04-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Mine would be to get to africa and get a TON OF KEEPERS>>>>>>

a mark III would be nice but not something i'll miss if i don't get.

and a sale or two of photo's

I would think a 5D would be better for Africa,,, with all those awesome Landscape shots... a FF camera would be best!

aceman152
04-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Ahhh unless you are after the elusive critters that can run faster than my truck! Then the MkIII might be better....HP should just get both!!!!

TomNanos
04-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Mine are a touch more specific:

* Ride with a train crew at least 3 times and document their day on the job - once on an overnight job, and two daytime jobs - one in the early spring, one in the fall trying to get some different scenery around the guys working.
* Get my butt out to western Connecticut & photograph the Housatonic Railroad, one of my weakest roads in the state
* Get my butt up to southern Vermont & shoot the Green Mountain Railroad
* Ramp my submissions to magazines back up - both photos, as well as authoring articles. This took a back seat the past year or two due to many issues - the stuff I did submit were hot news items primarily. But now I'm finding the time to get some of it done, so it's time to jump back in with both feet. ;)

But I'm always honing my overall technique in any weather - in fact I just shot a little in the pouring rain this morning. Involved some sprinting to stay soemwhat dry...kinda hard to shoot & hold an umbrella... :D But I make myself get out at least 4-5 times a week, and ideally every day, even if it's just a few shots. Keeps the rust off of things...

ATVinBarbie
04-14-2007, 12:43 PM
That's great Barb! CONGRADS.
We got our 1st house in late summer 2005 and that was the 1st thing we did.
Many of my flower shots came from that effort.
We expand our gardens a lil more each year.

When asked where my favorite vacation spot is... I always comment... "My own back yard".... the peace and serenity found there is priceless. I do a lot of photo journaling and scrapbooking... it's great having the ability to take my own photos and print them right at home. I'm fortunate that I live out in the country where we have privacy and some peace and quiet.
This year will be especially nice... starting from scratch with my flower and vegetable gardens. :love We have a lot of work to do on the property... but it's "fun" work... and I'm looking forward to it. :)

GraphyFotoz
04-14-2007, 12:56 PM
When asked where my favorite vacation spot is... I always comment... "My own back yard".... the peace and serenity found there is priceless. I do a lot of photo journaling and scrapbooking... it's great having the ability to take my own photos and print them right at home. I'm fortunate that I live out in the country where we have privacy and some peace and quiet.
This year will be especially nice... starting from scratch with my flower and vegetable gardens. :love We have a lot of work to do on the property... but it's "fun" work... and I'm looking forward to it. :)

The Sigy DG 28-70mm F2.8-4 will help ya on this venture! :)
Glad it found a great new home it's a real nice midlevel lens.
I never sold something so fast!!! :eek: