Special Postal Cancellation
1920s Freight Cars & Caboose
Corvette Club
Continuous Live Entertainment
Tour a Working Quarry and Archeological Stone Works
Historic Exhibits
State Police K-9 & Motorcycle Squad
Chester Historical Society Exhibits at the Old Jail
Lunch at the 2nd Congregational Churchhttp://www.hidden-hills.com/chesterfoundation/

Orgnoi1
03-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Trish, Johnny, Fran, and I will be going to this... going there first then to check in to the hotel direct for Magic Wings the next day...

Irishpub3
03-29-2007, 07:47 PM
More Trains! Yea! :drool (I have to say that now... I've been inducted into the Morons :doh LOL)

Seriously tho... it looks like an kewl event with some great photo ops... come on, who else is in??? :)

rparent
03-29-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm sure Adam, myself, and Dave will be there. Last year CSX never brought up a locomotive for the tour and the year before it was almost a no show. Hopefully it's better planned out this year.

Orgnoi1
03-29-2007, 10:12 PM
So in other words....Morons will reign supreme....wooo hoooo

TomNanos
03-29-2007, 10:16 PM
I'll be there. Talking with Dave Pierce (the guy who organizes the event, President of the Chester Foundation, and tour guide for hikes on the Keystone Arch trail), he was assured that CSX was sending a locomotive last year, but changed their mind at the last minute for whatever reason. I was there for a little while last year - I think it was kinda cloudy, and it was slow on the B&A - if I remember correctly I only caught 3 trains the entire time I was there between Chester and Washington.

Orgnoi1
03-29-2007, 10:18 PM
So in other words... we can all caravan from there to Deerfield...LOL (I Know I know.. most of you guys arent staying overnight in Deerfield...LOL)

asull85
03-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Last year a track maintainer found a broken rail near Pittsfield on the single track which bogged things up. As for the engine, I have no idea why they didn't drop one off. I should be up there this year.

Orgnoi1
04-24-2007, 11:49 AM
bumpittttty

zacker
04-24-2007, 12:13 PM
How big is this event? is it huge, small...in between?

Orgnoi1
04-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I personally have never been... but Tom, Adam, Ryan, and Dave have gone in the past... I would say judging by the town though probably small to medium sized...

asull85
05-18-2007, 12:04 PM
So who is going? Ryan and I are probably going to head up there around 8:30. Supposedly CSX is dropping off a new GEVO at some point today. The Mass Call/Volunteer Fire train is also supposed to be there.

TomNanos
05-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Not sure if I'll be there now. I got a call from a friend of mine who's having an open house for his newly completed model railroad this weekend. He wanted me to come down & photograph it after the guests left. Not sure if I'll be able to do both. If I do, I might come by first thing & take off a bit after that.

Here's a shot I took of the model layout while it was still under construction last year:

http://www.nanosphoto.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/wm_normal__MG_4553-01.jpg

Orgnoi1
05-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Tom we may swing through early... but I doubt we will be there long... they are looking towards 70% chance of showers... so anything outside will be probably a wash...