PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a few accessories...

convergent
03-20-2007, 08:40 AM
I got caught up in accessory mode and ordered a few things from the Photography-On-The.net store last night. I actually didn't order the versions with their logo... :( ... since they charge a bit more for the logo'd version. Their prices are pretty good on the stuff they sell... a lot lower than B&H. I ordered two Op-Tech straps, a couple of extra connectors, and one of their "safari" style photog vests... in black. I've always wanted a vest and never had one. I can now be a true geek. I got hooked up on the vest after reading a review one of their folks posted... he had a 70-200 2.8 and 24-70 2.8 in two of the pockets, along with a 580EX, extra batteries and a bunch of other crap. I usually travel light with just a spare battery in my rear pocket and a couple of extra memory cards in my watch pocket (if I have on jeans). The vest would work a little better. As for the straps, I currently have two bodies most of the time and one has a strap and one doesn't. I use the one without on a big lens, since those lenses have straps on them. Its a pain when I end up with the bodies reversed for some reason so I'd like to be able to have the same strap system on everything.

So anyways, I got 2 Optech Pro Straps, 2 extra sets of connectors (for a total of 4), and a vest... shipped for under $100.

Orgnoi1
03-20-2007, 08:43 AM
I actually like wearing my vest... I keep it in the truck and keep incidentals in it that I may need around... bug wipes, cleaning gear, sunblock... as well as business cards and rain jacket...

for something when getting back to the truck is a pain its well worth its weight in gold...

convergent
03-20-2007, 10:05 AM
In the review, the guy had a Canon 100-400 in the pouch on the back of the vest... that WOULD be a pain if you jumped in the truck and didn't remember it was there...

zacker
03-20-2007, 12:31 PM
lol.... you should get some NEF patches made and sew em on that baby!!

Oh, I am sporting my new NEF Base Ball hat now, Love it!