PDA

View Full Version : How do I add my signature to a photo..

bladepurveyor
03-16-2007, 07:41 AM
I've seen on this forum several people actually sign there name in the corner of a photo....does this require any special software? hardware?

Orgnoi1
03-16-2007, 07:46 AM
nope... you just basically drop a text box where you want it and waalaaa... you are done... you can get more fancy if you like by making it a stamp or by adding textures and such... but the basics are easy...

convergent
03-16-2007, 08:01 AM
What editing software do you use? Most of them allow you to insert text, as Ross indicated.... but it is different in each program how you do it.

There are also a lot of programs out there that just do this...

http://www.vicman.net/lib/watermark/images

This program, Better JPEG, does a few things to images in a lossless manner. If you wanted to add a watermark without introducing recompression loss to your JPEGs.

http://www.betterjpeg.com/stamping.htm

bladepurveyor
03-16-2007, 09:07 AM
I have microsoft digital image and photoshop....what I am taking about is my actual signature...not just text from the text box.

convergent
03-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Well you'd have to then scan that in and create an image of it to do this. I think a lot of the "signatures" you see are simply text using a signature looking font. If its a real signature, then they scanned it in. The key is that you have to convert it to a transparent background which could be a little tricky. Once you get an image file with a transparent background, then you just drop it on the image in a new layer, flatten it, and then save it as a JPEG. (Photoshop) Thats what I do with my TSS Photography logo... its a transparent background image.

zacker
03-16-2007, 09:32 AM
I use Photoshop.. I select the text tool, put the cursor where i want the text, select the font and then font size, type my name, go over to the layers pallette and move the opacity slider to somewhere between 55 and 65% and then go to "Layers" and click on "Flatten Image" and youre done! I tried making it an action but it makes it more difficult unless your working on the same exact size image every time. And if you wanna move it ( the signature) you have to do it before you flatten it.. just select "transform" then "free transform" and you can then move it around, after its all set, just click on any of the tools and it will ask you if you want to flatten image then click yes or OK and its done! hope this helps!

zacker
03-16-2007, 09:38 AM
...or go buy a Wacom tablet and hand write it... lol

zacker
03-16-2007, 09:38 AM
lots of free fonts on the web, google free font or try free handwriting font.

bladepurveyor
03-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks Guys....I guess I will try fooling around with my scanner...and see if I can do it...:)

convergent
03-16-2007, 11:25 AM
I didn't think about the tablet... duh. I have a Wacam tablet and have never thought about trying that. But if you do a scan, it should be relatively easy to turn the background transparent. I think you'd want to change the image to black and white, then you could set white to transparent.

TomNanos
03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
I scanned my signature in, and made a PNG with a transparent background containing the sig, name, website URL and year. Then I turned it into a custom brush in PS. Then whenever I need to put it on there, I just select the brush, set the size and color and click - I'm done!

The ones on my website are a bit different - the ones with the white "glow" around the sig & text. Those are done automagically by the gallery software when I upload the images. I have two different PNGs that it uses - one for the "normal" images - the ones you see if you visit a page on my site - and one for the fullsize images - the ones you'll see either here or by clicking on the normal one when on my site. Basically it looks at the size of the image, selects the proper PNG, and sandwiches them together on the fly.