PDA

View Full Version : Idiot letter of the year award

stoneylonesome
03-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Just got through thumbing through the latest issue of Popular Photography and saw what has to be the "Idiot Letter of the Year", if not the century. I quote

'Ain't it the truth'
Why do you refer to "photographs" as "photos"? You're POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHY, not POPULAR PHOTO. Your readers are "photographers," not "photoers." I suggest you banish "photo" from you magazine and replace it with "photograph." Also, photographers don't "shoot pictures," they create images. "Shoot" is an aggressive word, inappropriate for what creative photographers do. I suggest you also banish "shoot"

Popular Photography's reply
What's really amazing is that your letter isn't an April Fool's spoof. :doh :doh

aceman152
03-15-2007, 07:40 PM
I was going to post this, I couldn't believe what I was reading.....some people take life waaaaaay to seriously.

KDN
03-15-2007, 08:39 PM
That's funny, talk about need to get a life...

I'm going to go shoot a photo now. :)

stoneylonesome
03-15-2007, 08:56 PM
I had to read it twice just to make sure of what I was reading. Well I guess I'll go out and SHOOT a deer and take a PHOTOGRAPH of it or was that 'Create a Photograph'. :doh :doh :D :D must use everything in it's proper context.

zacker
03-15-2007, 09:11 PM
funny sandy, i was just on my way out to create a deer and shoot an image.. or was that the other way around? great.... now im confused... maybe ill create an open bottle of beer and shoot it into my gullet!!!

stoneylonesome
03-15-2007, 09:24 PM
funny sandy, i was just on my way out to create a deer and shoot an image.. or was that the other way around? great.... now im confused... maybe ill create an open bottle of beer and shoot it into my gullet!!!

I tell Ya this politically correct stuff is enough to drive one to drink. :pound :cheers :gt :gt

zacker
03-15-2007, 09:44 PM
:doh:doh:doh hasnt anyone told ya yet?? its no longer "Driven to drink" its now called "Directed to Consume" Just as a my old car was "Mechanically Challenged":happy

asull85
03-15-2007, 11:27 PM
One too many bong hits perhaps?

zacker
03-16-2007, 07:11 AM
now that I think about it, I did once actually "Shoot" an Image.. yeah, I taped a Pic or "Photograph" of my Ex mother in law to a tree and blasted it with a shot gun!!

J/K... I would never harm an innocent Photograph in any way.. Or would I? Hmmmm.

convergent
03-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Idiot or not... they got their letter published now didn't they! ;)

zacker
03-16-2007, 07:27 AM
yes it did mike.. and thats whats sad about it. Hey, anyone who saw this? did the Editor reply back?

I see alot of this BS going on on forums too... I guess some folks think they are "All-Knowing" and what they say goes.. its funny actually, sad but funny just the same!

stoneylonesome
03-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Idiot or not... they got their letter published now didn't they! ;)

and it started a discussion on a photo forum. :D :D

zacker
03-16-2007, 09:33 AM
:eek: why do I have a feeling it MIKE who sent that letter??

:D :D

stoneylonesome
03-16-2007, 10:30 AM
yes it did mike.. and thats whats sad about it. Hey, anyone who saw this? did the Editor reply back?

I see alot of this BS going on on forums too... I guess some folks think they are "All-Knowing" and what they say goes.. its funny actually, sad but funny just the same!

Yes the editor replied back.

"Popular Photography's reply
What's really amazing is that your letter isn't an April Fool's spoof."

stoneylonesome
03-16-2007, 10:32 AM
:eek: why do I have a feeling it MIKE who sent that letter??

:D :D

Well unless Mike lives in the FAR northwest of the USA I don't think he did. :rolleyes:

zacker
03-16-2007, 10:46 AM
lol he said "April Fool"? tsk tsk tsk! the correct reply should have been, "April Prankster" joke! its that kind of talk that makes Fools feel bad!
lol

ATVinBarbie
03-16-2007, 09:35 PM
I tell Ya this politically correct stuff is enough to drive one to drink. :pound :cheers :gt :gt

Yeah... what he said! :D:pound:pound:werd:beerslide:cheers:fp