PDA

View Full Version : looks like snow!!!

zacker
02-13-2007, 09:15 PM
and boy am I excited..weee,weee,weeee Snow, wonderful snow, I cant wait.. its gonna be awesome... driving on I95 (or the merrit Pkwy if i gotta take Chris to work) in a good old, long awaited beautiful Nor'easter!!

lol cant you just taste the sarcasm???

Orgnoi1
02-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Hey I dont know what you are talking about... I cant wait for the snow...LOL

zacker
02-14-2007, 07:39 AM
nice, because you have something fun to do in it... i just get to shovel it and drive to work in it...lol

nvr2low
02-14-2007, 08:45 AM
ive got close to a foot already and its still comming down, already got stuck in the driveway once.

sandcmom
02-14-2007, 08:59 AM
We got snow yesterday and it was nice, right until it started to sleet, now we have freezing rain and one big slushy mess. And it's no fun to drive in either--grrrr!

convergent
02-14-2007, 09:30 AM
We are supposed to be getting about 2 feet... so the kids are very excited about the snow day... FINALLY.

stoneylonesome
02-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Well as usual this year all we have so far is about 3" of SLEET. it's a mix of sleet.\, freezing rain, and snow in other words 'NASTY CRAP' it just missed us. the nice snow they predicted that is. :mad:

zacker
02-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Well as usual this year all we have so far is about 3" of SLEET. it's a mix of sleet.\, freezing rain, and snow in other words 'NASTY CRAP' it just missed us. the nice snow they predicted that is. :mad:

Nice snow? NICE SNOW? Watch it mister, youre skating on thin sleet here!!! :happy :happy :happy :D :happy :happy :happy

Hey, You know what sux? My wife got the day off and I didnt!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Thats just not fair! I just ran out for lunch, even in $WD, this stuff is amazingly hard to drive in.... cant stop or turn..lol im glad ill be taking the highway home tonight!:eek:

stoneylonesome
02-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Nice snow? NICE SNOW? Watch it mister, youre skating on thin sleet here!!! :happy :happy :happy :D :happy :happy :happy

Hey, You know what sux? My wife got the day off and I didnt!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Thats just not fair! I just ran out for lunch, even in $WD, this stuff is amazingly hard to drive in.... cant stop or turn..lol im glad ill be taking the highway home tonight!:eek:

I took a vacation day, not going to get me driving for 22 miles in this crap with all the other idiots on the road. You think it's tough driving in it wait till you try getting rid of it. My 8 horse Toro had a tough go of it. it's so heavy slippery and doesn't really stick to itself the auger couldn't bite into and push it through the chute. real pain in the butt.

zacker
02-14-2007, 02:01 PM
DAMNIT!!! I only have a one "zacker" powerd shovel!!!

stoneylonesome
02-14-2007, 02:21 PM
DAMNIT!!! I only have a one "zacker" powerd shovel!!!

And the Misses will have it done by the time you get home. RIGHT? :D :D

nvr2low
02-14-2007, 03:36 PM
I took a vacation day, not going to get me driving for 22 miles in this crap with all the other idiots on the road. You think it's tough driving in it wait till you try getting rid of it. My 8 horse Toro had a tough go of it. it's so heavy slippery and doesn't really stick to itself the auger couldn't bite into and push it through the chute. real pain in the butt.

wish i had an 8 horse toro, im stuck with a one person shovel. ill be spending about 3 hours shoveling out tonight.

stoneylonesome
02-14-2007, 04:32 PM
wish i had an 8 horse toro, im stuck with a one person shovel. ill be spending about 3 hours shoveling out tonight.

Yuck that's awful, I'll say one thing though I wish we got snow instead of this 3 to 4" of sleet, I've never seen anything as heavy as this crap not even wet snow can match it.

zacker
02-14-2007, 04:41 PM
And the Misses will have it done by the time you get home. RIGHT? :D :D

In my dreams!!! lol

I was watching the plows in the parking lot today, this crap looked more like wet cement than snow, sleet or plain old slush!!! It actually flowed like cement when they pushed it around..Yuuuuck!:Hammer

stoneylonesome
02-14-2007, 04:48 PM
In my dreams!!! lol

I was watching the plows in the parking lot today, this crap looked more like wet cement than snow, sleet or plain old slush!!! It actually flowed like cement when they pushed it around..Yuuuuck!:Hammer

That's because it's mostly all sleet and they're like pushing minnie marbles around, now of course here it's snowing on top of all that crap.

Have fun digging / pushing out.

Orgnoi1
02-14-2007, 05:33 PM
hey Craig I am with you tonight... I am at work now... and the ONLY person in downtown Albany doing my job for VZ... its going to be a long evening...LOL

Orgnoi1
02-14-2007, 06:57 PM
ok...update...I am the only inside tech working in the 518 area code...:rolleyes:

aceman152
02-14-2007, 07:13 PM
and I am on day 2 of 29 day leave!!! :-P :-P :-P

edit: Forgot the old skool tongue sticking out facey thingys!

Orgnoi1
02-14-2007, 07:16 PM
....:kick....

and I am on day 2 of 29 day leave!!!

aceman152
02-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Jealous???

Orgnoi1
02-14-2007, 07:21 PM
if I was on day 2 of a 29 day leave I would be at camp drinking a beer... and picturing how the next day of snowmobiling would be...

aceman152
02-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Well can I borrow a snowmobile? I think I have enough beer.....wait I am missing a camp....ummmm can I borrow that too?

Nah I have been painting nuts and bolts on my bike today and working on a integrator for the rear, new exhause...ummmm dealing with the kids, all on no beer!

Orgnoi1
02-14-2007, 07:24 PM
I remember those sport bike days... oh yeah I forgot.. its snowing out... heh

aceman152
02-14-2007, 07:26 PM
I think not sure what they call this stuff....I am from Florida all I know is "Drive fast and brake late!" I think that is what the winter driving class I took taught.

You missing those sportbike days or is that rolling Barca-lounger still good?

stoneylonesome
02-14-2007, 07:37 PM
ok...update...I am the only inside tech working in the 518 area code...:rolleyes:

Like the old saying goes "It's lonely at the top" :rolleyes: :D

Irishpub3
02-14-2007, 07:39 PM
My goodness, there's a whole lotta whining going on in here LOL :D

I got the day off, the first time ever our company has closed due to weather since we started 6 years ago :happy I spent half the day torturing my cats... and the other 1/2 digging out my car from under the snow, AND helping 2 of my neighbors (both guys :D ) shovel out their car, and even had to move and park it for one of them LOL

stoneylonesome
02-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Jealous???

After where you've been and what you've sacraficed Not one bit, you deserve every day of this and then some. By the way, thank you for your service.

Orgnoi1
02-14-2007, 07:41 PM
I think not sure what they call this stuff....I am from Florida all I know is "Drive fast and brake late!" I think that is what the winter driving class I took taught.

You missing those sportbike days or is that rolling Barca-lounger still good?

naw I love my couch-rocket still... while it would be great to be blasting down some backroads on the R1 I am much happier blasting down the same backroads on my wing... while listening to Satellite radio and watching my GPS for directions...ROFL

Orgnoi1
02-14-2007, 07:42 PM
After where you've been and what you've sacraficed Not one bit, you deserve every day of this and then some. By the way, thank you for your service.

hes just busting my chops since now that I am out of the Army I have civilian time off...LOL I used to love those 30 days off a year...

aceman152
02-14-2007, 07:42 PM

Ehh part of the job! But thank you very much, it is nice to be appreciated for what I and many others before me have done and will have to endure in the future!