PDA

View Full Version : Help needed in computer code.

zacker
02-01-2007, 08:45 AM
I want to know, do you know the code, if anny, to make this Text fit into a specific space on my website, Im not sure as i mainly guess and cut n paste codes from other parts and i then try to figure out what text to change to make it work..lol I want this text.. ( WARNING: All content, including but not limited to photographs and text on this website is protected by copyright (2004 - 2006 Broken Fence Photography) and may not be reproduced anywhere, for any reason, in print or on the web. The photographs are not in the public domain. Do not copy them to another computer, transmit, publish, reproduce, alter or use them to base an illustration or any form of artistic or photographic interpretation on them. We vigorously protect our copyright interests. In the event that an infringement is discovered you will be notified and invoiced the industry-standard TRIPLE FEE for unauthorized usage and/or prosecuted for Copyright Infringement in US Federal Court where you will be subject to a fine of US$100,000 statutory damages as well as our court costs and attorneys' fees. By entering this site you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this agreement. Entrance to the site is expressly on these conditions which embodies all of the understandings and obligations between the parties hereto. Contact us to secure reproduction rights to any images at cmzac@hotmail.com.)to fit in a space no wider than 728 PX ( i think)
does anyone here have this code?

TomNanos
02-01-2007, 08:55 AM
I assume you mean HTML, right?

convergent
02-01-2007, 08:56 AM
I think you'd have to see the code for the whole page...

convergent
02-01-2007, 08:59 AM
I just looked at your page... I think if you put it in a table, then you can limit the width of the cell... that's the direction I'd go in, but it may not be the most efficient way to do it.

TomNanos
02-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Also depends if there's a CSS involved...haven't looked at Craig's page yet...heading there now.

TomNanos
02-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Try this:

<div id="footer">
WARNING: All content, including but not limited to photographs and text on this website is protected by copyright (2004 - 2006 Broken Fence Photography) and may not be reproduced anywhere, for any reason, in print or on the web. The photographs are not in the public domain. Do not copy them to another computer, transmit, publish, reproduce, alter or use them to base an illustration or any form of artistic or photographic interpretation on them. We vigorously protect our copyright interests. In the event that an infringement is discovered you will be notified and invoiced the industry-standard TRIPLE FEE for unauthorized usage and/or prosecuted for Copyright Infringement in US Federal Court where you will be subject to a fine of US$100,000 statutory damages as well as our court costs and attorneys' fees. By entering this site you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this agreement. Entrance to the site is expressly on these conditions which embodies all of the understandings and obligations between the parties hereto. Contact us to secure reproduction rights to any images at <a href="mailto:cmzac@hotmail.com">cmzac@hotmail.com</a>.
</div>

zacker
02-01-2007, 09:46 AM
yes its HTML in CSS Is that right? lol ill try your code Tom...thanks!

zacker
02-01-2007, 09:48 AM
worked like a charm Tom... Thanks!!! Than you to Mike!!

Tom, how does it know what size to make it?? just so i know.

TomNanos
02-01-2007, 09:52 AM
worked like a charm Tom... Thanks!!! Than you to Mike!!

Tom, how does it know what size to make it?? just so i know.
Not a problem!

It's all defined in the CSS. What the CSS does is predefine how everything will look on every page that references the sheet. Basically, so you don't have to repeate the code for every page - you just tell it once what a footer is, and every time you enclose a block of text and/or HTML within the "footer" div tags, it'll be formatted the same every time. If you look at the CSS itself, you can deduce what the DIV IDs are, and what they'll look like. Your CSS is here:

http://www.brokenfencephotography.com/include/css/smugmugBlack-20070126183804.css

And if you go 30 or so liines down, you'll see a section that defines the header, footer, etc. and what it'll look like.

zacker
02-02-2007, 10:23 PM
cool tom... i was wondering how this stuff worked..lol