PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Members.... a new milestone

convergent
01-30-2007, 01:10 PM
I am sure that the Spammers have helped in reaching this milestone to a small extent, but regardless we have reached a new point in the life of NortheastFoto... we hit 1000 members today!

:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

JerseyMutt
01-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Now if only we could get more of them to post. ;)

Congrats on the milestone nonetheless.

convergent
01-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Yep, it is always a mystery in forum-land when people go to the trouble to register, but then don't ever post. When I register on a forum, it is usually because I want to post something right away.

aceman152
01-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Sometimes people are like me and just dont always know what to say, but want to learn (*shrugs*)

convergent
01-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Sometimes people are like me and just dont always know what to say, but want to learn (*shrugs*)

Agree, but if I'm in that boat I usually don't register until I'm ready to talk... know what I mean?

aceman152
01-30-2007, 06:03 PM
I do beleive I am pickin up what your throwin down. I am still very impressed with what we have and very glad people took it upon themselves to make this site!

zacker
01-30-2007, 07:20 PM
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllll

ZR2Blazer
01-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Very cool....a great milestone even if it seems like half of them are spammers.

Someday the spammers will get whats coming to them :Hammer

JustinL
01-30-2007, 08:20 PM
I do beleive I am pickin up what your throwin down. I am still very impressed with what we have and very glad people took it upon themselves to make this site!

not only that, i think we pretty much all get along on here. I think for me, that is a first for a web board that I belong to. great community here and congrats to the creators for reaching the 1000 member mark!

JerseyMutt
01-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Yep, it is always a mystery in forum-land when people go to the trouble to register, but then don't ever post. When I register on a forum, it is usually because I want to post something right away.

Agreed. I rarely have a "lurking" stage.

zacker
01-31-2007, 08:48 AM
not only that, i think we pretty much all get along on here.

*&%^$ you man!!!! :rolleyes:

lol.lol.lol.lol.lol....

Actually, youre right, one of the things i DONT like at POTN is the cocky responses by alot of the members..some ppl just have rotten attitudes and need some adjusting for sure!!

zacker
01-31-2007, 08:50 AM
Agreed. I rarely have a "lurking" stage.

I really dont think i ever lurked here, i found it from a link on Ross's sig line at the pro1 site and joined right up! It was right after getting my 30D, just about spring time and I was itching to go shooting... lol :happy

Irishpub3
01-31-2007, 09:53 AM
not only that, i think we pretty much all get along on here. I think for me, that is a first for a web board that I belong to. great community here and congrats to the creators for reaching the 1000 member mark!

Well put Justin! I think it's something we can all feel good about... NEF is really shaping up as a good community with no BS - let's keep it that way! :happy

Hitting 1000 is kewl!! However we got there LOL ...Let's just keep on growing, and keep on cracking down on the spammers - as we have been =) Ross is diligent practically 24x7 weeding out the spammers and keeping the junk posts off our site :Hammer ... as well as Mike and a few others helping out... Maybe if we all jump in and keep a watchful eye, or take shifts on "spammer patrol" we can hold them at bay for good :whipLOL

JerseyMutt
01-31-2007, 11:37 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/ZappaRam/spam3-IMG.jpg

zacker
01-31-2007, 12:31 PM
lol.. I "Ban when I can" usually Ross beats me to it!!! GRRRR!
lol

(i sneak my bans in on sat and sun mornings before half you guys are out of bed!)