PDA

View Full Version : So many switches...

TomNanos
01-16-2007, 08:31 AM
...so little time! :D

CSO-5's conductor walks through CSX's West Springfield yard lining switches for the train's move through the yard. Our eventual destination is visible in the top left - the track known as Upper 18 where you see a few locomotives sitting there. We'll be leaving the two locomotives we came up with and taking two of the three sitting there back south to East Hartford, CT.

http://www.nanosphoto.com/gallery/albums/wpw-20070115/wm__MG_9978.jpg

Orgnoi1
01-16-2007, 08:34 AM
LOL thats just UUUGGGLLYYY....LOL

TomNanos
01-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Heh...luckily he only had to line the first two. The rest were set for the move. That would have sucked, lining all of them. Stop...throw...go...stop...throw...go...etc.

JerseyMutt
01-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Looks like the conductors earn their keep in that yard. :p

Really cool photo Tom. That's the thing that I love about your rail photos. They don't all focus on the train, but on the many details that keep those trains running.

TomNanos
01-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Looks like the conductors earn their keep in that yard. :p

Really cool photo Tom. That's the thing that I love about your rail photos. They don't all focus on the train, but on the many details that keep those trains running.
Heh..ya got that right!

Thanks for the kind words too! Yeah, personally I can only shoot so many photos of a train coming at you. Need to mix things up, or I get stuck in a rut and really, really bored. :D There's many, many things that help make the railroads run, and I've kind of made it my focus to try to document as much as I can of that. Rest assured that you'll see plenty of these kinds of photos out of my camera... ;)

asull85
01-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Oh it's not that bad ;):D

stoneylonesome
01-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Even though I'm dyslexic I'm sure I'd have no trouble doing that job. :D So what if a train headed for Boston ends up in Hartford. :doh