PDA

View Full Version : weather today!!

zacker
01-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Holy Crap!!! is it the 6th of January or the 6th of May??? I was just out side on the deck and i am in a sleevless Tee shirt and Shorts.. (yes I look damn good too.lol) Anyhow, I was not the least bit chilly or uncomfortable... WTF is going on? It should be freezing and snowy out and it feels like a nice spring day! Even our fish are out of Hibernation... I had to feed them because they were swimming along the top looking for food!

stoneylonesome
01-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Will first off, let US be the judge of what LOOKS GOOD. photos required. :D :D

I almost felt guilty today thought I should be doing yard work or something, Then I came to my senses and said to myself, "Self you wouldn't be doing no yard work on a normal January with a 1' of snow", whew that was close I almost had a rake in my hand.:doh :doh Yup it hit 70d, So I figured I might as well do what I do best and that is sit on the deck and enjoy a beer.:) :)

Sure wish I had some of Barbs pickled sausages. Say does she deliver?

JerseyMutt
01-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Its about 73 here. All the windows in the house are open.

I just finished cleaning my damn grill. It was so overgrown with mold, it looked like a biology experiment. I wanted steak tonight so the cleaning could not be put off any longer. Well, I think I am having a beer with my steak tonight. My reward for paying my penance with this grill.

I think a little Blue Moon Belgian White is in order this evening.

aceman152
01-06-2007, 04:22 PM
I will trade all of you for the weather. It has been below 32d during the day and down in the single digits at night! My luck is it will start snowing and freezing when I get back to the states though.

JerseyMutt
01-06-2007, 04:33 PM
I've got a buddy out in the sandbox right now and its warmer here than it is there.

aceman152
01-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah Afghanistan up in the mountain here is freezing....we have had snow like crazy. Then little heaters in our billiting that has no insulation so it gets cold cold cold.

ATVinBarbie
01-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Will first off, let US be the judge of what LOOKS GOOD. photos required. :D :D

I almost felt guilty today thought I should be doing yard work or something, Then I came to my senses and said to myself, "Self you wouldn't be doing no yard work on a normal January with a 1' of snow", whew that was close I almost had a rake in my hand.:doh :doh Yup it hit 70d, So I figured I might as well do what I do best and that is sit on the deck and enjoy a beer.:) :)

Sure wish I had some of Barbs pickled sausages. Say does she deliver?

I'm gonna have to walk down the road to Buck's Inn to get me some pickled sausages cuz I'm OUT. :( Sure does go well with Beer. :rock

And.... I got out and shot some more pictures earlier before the dark clouds rolled in. Was up to 65 here today. amazing. Supposed to get cold again next week tho... so I've gotta enjoy it while I can. I got a pile of brush and branches ready to burn. IF the wind would die down and the rain clouds would go away... I'd have me a nice bonfire with a few friends over later. We'll see what the evening brings. ;)

As far as delivering to Sandy... maybe someday. Or IF you ever come out this way I'll be sure to have beer and pickled sausages on hand. :tup

meyankee
01-06-2007, 07:42 PM
It is about 7:30PM on Jan. 6th in central Maine and the temp is 52!!! Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50's, sunny and windy, may be a good day to visit the shore and get some surf shots :)

ATVinBarbie
01-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I have my suspicions that we're gonna get a whopper of an ice storm in January. Let's hope not. :doh

JerseyMutt
01-07-2007, 12:10 PM
I don't know about back in the Northeast, but its soggy here today. So much for raking my leaves. Rain always makes it hard to get out of bed. I was awake at 8, but with it raining and having nothing to really accomplish today, I decided to stay in bed till about 1130.

zacker
01-07-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm gonna have to walk down the road to Buck's Inn to get me some pickled sausages

Yuuuuccckkk!!!!! Its been my experience, Pickled anything is not good!!

Ill take my sausauges with peppers and sauce on a hard roll please..:)

convergent
01-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Well I was happy to see the warm weather yesterday. For the last week my Jeep has been doing the "metal on metal" noise when I hit the brakes. I had to put on new rotors and pads, and I really, really, really hate to do car work when its freezing outside. Actually... I hate to do almost anything when its freezing outside.

JerseyMutt
01-07-2007, 04:05 PM

Mmmmm....pork roll, egg and cheese on a hard roll also sounds really good right now. Too bad they don't know what a hard roll or pork roll is.

stoneylonesome
01-07-2007, 05:10 PM

That only refers to PIGS FEET. :Hammer

Sausage is good anyway you serve it the spicer the better. :happy

ATVinBarbie
01-08-2007, 05:34 PM

You're speaking of ITALIAN sausage.... Pickled sausage... you use POLISH sausage.. ya goof. LOL

Pickled eggs and pickled sausage are "da bomb".... especially with beer and crackers. :happy

stoneylonesome
01-08-2007, 06:23 PM
You're speaking of ITALIAN sausage.... Pickled sausage... you use POLISH sausage.. ya goof. LOL

Pickled eggs and pickled sausage are "da bomb".... especially with beer and crackers. :happy

You tell him Barb, you tell him. :D

zacker
01-08-2007, 07:11 PM
You're speaking of ITALIAN sausage....

EXACTLY!!!! Hot Dog, We have a Weiner!!! Bob, Tell her what she's won!
:D:D:D

Actually, I dont even really care for Italian Saucage to much... Id rather have some nice Jimmy-Deans!! Mmmmmm Breakfast Sausages Rule!!!

stoneylonesome
01-08-2007, 07:25 PM
You bet, with a nice 3 egg western omelete some great hash browns and a couple of slices of rye toast.

Id rather have some nice Jimmy-Deans!! Mmmmmm Breakfast Sausages Rule!!!

zacker
01-08-2007, 09:34 PM
You bet, with a nice 3 egg western omelete some great hash browns and a couple of slices of rye toast.

or 3 cheese omlet made with like 6 eggs....Mmmmmm... toast with grape jelly, a few slices of french toast ( freedom toast?) and about 1/2 pound of bacon, two big cups of coffee and some hash browns.. Ok who wants breakfast now?

stoneylonesome
01-08-2007, 10:05 PM
or 3 cheese omlet made with like 6 eggs....Mmmmmm... toast with grape jelly, a few slices of french toast ( freedom toast?) and about 1/2 pound of bacon, two big cups of coffee and some hash browns.. Ok who wants breakfast now?

You eat all that you better have a paramedic near by to get you heart started again. :Hammer What time is breakfast anyway? :D :D :D I'll take my chances

ZK9995
01-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Had a great chance to get out and do some raking (3rd time since fall. I hate trees :doh) Then we got a chance to cook out :)

ATVinBarbie
01-09-2007, 06:34 AM

I'm STARVING now :doh

Well.... back to the weather thing..... looks like some lake effect snow (http://wktv.linkjam.com/weather/main.php) heading my way later this afternoon, tonight and part of tomorrow. But I won't get TOO excited... supposed to be like 50 again over the weekend. :Hammer

zacker
01-09-2007, 07:36 AM
lol... The best part of waking up... Are Paramedics in you house!

Actually, A breakfast like that needs to be in a nice resturaunt, with others at the table and just "picked" at over a conversation that lasts for an hour or so. It needs to be savored and WTF am I saying??? lol (i like going out for Breakfast!!)

Orgnoi1
01-09-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm STARVING now :doh

Well.... back to the weather thing..... looks like some lake effect snow (http://wktv.linkjam.com/weather/main.php) heading my way later this afternoon, tonight and part of tomorrow. But I won't get TOO excited... supposed to be like 50 again over the weekend. :Hammer

Well maybe it will create a base at Tug Hill that will stay... if its 50 at your place it should be in the mid 40s there... which may sustain it...

ATVinBarbie
01-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Well maybe it will create a base at Tug Hill that will stay... if its 50 at your place it should be in the mid 40s there... which may sustain it...
Ross is having Tug Hill withdrawals. ;)

if we get atleast 4-6" as they're claiming... my sled IS going across the back yard! :D

Today is supposed to bring a dusting -1"... overnight more. We'll see.

zacker
01-09-2007, 08:38 AM
just stick some wheels on it Barb...youll be fine!!

ATVinBarbie
01-09-2007, 04:31 PM
just stick some wheels on it Barb...youll be fine!!

Check the map in my signature. :D

(I'm located just south of Utica)

HOPEFULLY we're gonna get some snow overnight. :happy