PDA

View Full Version : Red Tailed Hawk

ShelleyNLP
01-02-2007, 12:52 AM
He was pretty far away so the quality isnt that great.
This was my first time shooting birds of prey!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/165/341966939_b956172b9a_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/127/341966944_19db979276_o.jpg

meyankee
01-02-2007, 03:22 AM
Nice shots, birds of prey are so hard to get close enough to get the shots we want, unless we don't have the camera handy <g>.

stoneylonesome
01-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Really nice shot, they are difficult to shot, there eye sight is just to darn good so you can't sneak up on them. Nice job.

rparent
01-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Nice! I saw a bald eagle swoop down out of a tree directly in front of me this morning. Of course no camera. Isn't that how it always goes!

convergent
01-05-2007, 11:22 AM
I know the feeling.... when we were on a boat cruise in November in Sanibel, FL, the boat captain was trying to get a look at some dolphins. He was driving around, backing up, etc. The whole crowd was all captivated by a dolphin fin in the water. I looked up and a bald eagle flew right by the boat and no one noticed. He was probably only about 50' above the water. I had a camera in my hand, but didn't notice in time to get a shot.

These shots you posted are as good as anything I've ever gotten on hawks. They are pretty hard to get close to. Good work.

ShelleyNLP
01-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks everyone! Im going out again on Sunday morning with a couple friends out in the boonies outside of Buffalo/Clarance area. They know someone that has a LOT of property...something like 45 acres worth. I believe it has water and trees so I am hoping to spy a few more birds to shoot, or if anything...ANY kind of wildlife would be good! LOL

zacker
01-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I never see any birds of prey... very far and few between, except for the osprey here at work but even then, with the nest on top of a cell tower, 200MM aint cutting it! the one time i saw a hawk was way before i even had a camera, he was in a dead tree watching over some dumpsters, wiating for mice/rats i spose... anyway, i parked under the tree and got out and noticed him sitting there...about 6 feet away and he didnt move, i think i stood there talking to him for like 5 minutes before i went into the shop.