PDA

View Full Version : Pm Spam

convergent
12-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Over the weekend, a few members received a PM message that was SPAM. We are sorry this happened, and are looking into ways to prevent it from recurring. I believe this is the first time this has happened, but it probably won't be the last. Any filters or blockers that we implement, will invariably have a "false positive" effect that will cause problems with legitimate users, so we are trying to balance the steps we take to fight this. As the site becomes more popular, it will unfortunately attract the lowlifes of the internet who seem to think they can profit from such stuff. Please report any problems you see to one of the administrators and we will use it to help determine what our approach will be. We are aware of the incident that just happened this weekend, so no need to further report that one. Thanks for your patience as we grow.

meyankee
12-18-2006, 01:22 PM
I sent a reply via PM before I read this, guess I should check the forum first <g>

blairblaiss
12-18-2006, 10:24 PM
I participate in other photo-fora and I also got PM spam on one of them, so you're not alone, if that is any consolation to you... :(

zacker
12-19-2006, 06:45 AM
its just one of those things.... I used to use my hotmail acct for stuff like this.. so i didnt really care.. then my snet.net acc. went all crazy on me so i had to use the hotmail acct as my main so.... anyhow, I dont understand why people make such a big deal about spam anyhow, youre gonna get it no matter who/what you are, if youre on line then spam is just something you need to contend with,, get a good spam blocking software, be diligent about removing it and adding it to your blocked senders list and just get over it. I have lots of people absolutly freak out over getting a spam... I just dont understand it! I mean.... by rights we should all have two computers anyway, one for working and photos and one for the Internet.... Ahhh if it were a perfect world huh?
lol

blairblaiss
12-19-2006, 07:42 PM
One thing I do not understand is the mentality of those idiots, who send their stuff to any kind of a discussion group. Do they really hope that they will get any kind of business from people who are furious with them? :Hammer

CruzinGirl
12-20-2006, 09:05 AM
One thing I do not understand is the mentality of those idiots, who send their stuff to any kind of a discussion group. Do they really hope that they will get any kind of business from people who are furious with them? :Hammer

Amazing, isn't it?