PDA

View Full Version : NEW - Image Composites in Header

convergent
11-22-2006, 10:19 AM
With the new design in place, we have a couple of banner spots around the site. In the upper right spot, we are going to be creating banners from our gallery images that highlight the Northeast, and what we photograph here. I created an initial one with a landsacae theme. At this point I'd like to make them theme oriented, and we are setup so that we can rotate any number of banners in that spot. Our plan is to possibly link this together with a monthly contest where we either ask for images... or pick from those in the gallery. I think this is a great way to highlight the work of the NEF photographers, and to allow our visitors to enjoy the northeast.

If you'd like to recommend a particular photo... yours or someone elses, let me know. Note that we are only using images stored in the NEF galleries for this... both the future contests and making banners.... so we can't select images that are stored elsewhere. If you'd like to create a banner from the gallery images for this purpose... we could use the help. Banners must be 468x60 pixels exactly, and they can be jpg, gif, or flash even. They must pass our quality check before being posted, so if you have an idea please talk to one of the staff before spending the time to create it. I'd hate to have somone spend a lot of time creating one of these to find that it doesn't fit with what we are looking for.

Let us know what you think about this new addition to NEF. :)

nvr2low
11-22-2006, 10:37 AM
i dont store pics on the gallery here but if i ever have one that you would like to use for the banner let me know and i can upload it to this gallery also.

convergent
11-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Sounds good. It is really a copyright thing the reason we are doing it that way. One of the terms and conditions of gallery use is that we can use the images within the site for promotional use (that is the ONLY thing they can be used for, by the way.... any and all other uses MUST be directed back to the photographer who holds the copyright). Technically, the same condition applies to images linked into posts by the photographer, but its a little safer to do it this way for all parties.

ATVinBarbie
11-22-2006, 11:33 AM
Nice addition. :tup