PDA

View Full Version : POTN moderators

jjonsalt
11-06-2006, 03:39 PM
I was just wondering. Has anyone who uses Photography-on-the.net ever received a rude private message from a moderator there. I got a nasty note from one that certainly seems out of place. I guess the best thing to do it just let it slide.

Orgnoi1
11-06-2006, 04:16 PM
I have never received any rude messages from mods or admins there. I guess everyone has bad days... maybe just sending them an apology (even if you did nothing wrong) will smooth things over. Other than that I am not sure what to tell ya on it... Admins and moderators should in my eyes be held to a higher standard to members as they are in positions of "authority" over the message boards.

zacker
11-06-2006, 04:35 PM
nahhh never, although they can sometimes be mischievious and fun, maybe he/she was joking with ya?

convergent
11-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Without the specifics, it would be hard to assess the situation at POTN. I am involved in a similar sized forum on a different topic, and I know that with that volume of traffic it is very difficult to know everything that is going on... it is overwhelming. Generally when I'm responding to people or acting on an issue, I'm just running flat out and trying to get things done. As much as I'm a pretty easy going person, I have been taken the wrong way on something. I would encourage you to respectfully ask them to explain... and hopefully you can find out if they really meant to be rude, or were misunderstood. At least you'll know where you stand.

It could also be timing. Sometimes we'll have a particular situation that keeps escalating and escalating, and you might have just been the one to step into it when the moderator had reached there limit. I've seen that happen too.

Speaking for NorthEastFoto... if we ever do anything like that, please let us know. :)