PDA

View Full Version : Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival

Cat
10-31-2006, 08:17 PM
Just one of the many sheep at the festival....I was amazed at the number of people there from all over the U.S.

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/4/9/6/Contentment.jpg

zacker
10-31-2006, 08:21 PM
look at that thig... looks like a ram..lol whats the wool festival? Im thinking they serve things like wool pizza and wool burgers..lol ( because all the festivals you usually hear of are food related.. Apple fest.. strawberry fest... the Wooster Street Italian Fest, now theres a food related fest...or feast the subs and Pizza are world known!! Mmmmm pepe's Pizza...Arrrggghhh!!!
lol nice shot Cat..se ya got the pic posting sorted out! Great!!

Cat
10-31-2006, 08:32 PM
The festival didn't have food that good, but there was plenty of food. I thought it would be a small thing, but it was huge. It's at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds and most of the buildings were used with vendors for wool (of course) for knitting, weaving, etc., one building was for geology--stones to buy to make jewelry, plus jewelry to buy. Tons of handmade baskets. Lots of different people spinning their own wool, dog frisbee demonstrations, sheep dog trials, the barns are full of sheep and llamas and alpacas. A building for kids (hay bale maze, different activities). Wine sampling, soup sampling, etc. Turned out to be a fun time, we plan on going next year.

Cat
10-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Here's a llama (maybe an alpaca?) Thanks for the guidance on pic posting!

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/4/9/6/Alpaca.jpg

zacker
10-31-2006, 09:32 PM
what a cutie he/she is..lol sounds like a mini version of the big e... they have tons of sheep, goats and llamas and alpacas too..lol hey maybe next year you can get a booth and sell framed photos!

stoneylonesome
11-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Nice shots cat, love the first one. :) Sounds like it was a fun time.

Cat
11-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks all, I liked the first one too, didn't realize I cropped the second one's ears until I downloaded at home....have to watch out for that....