PDA

View Full Version : main page

nvr2low
10-30-2006, 11:43 AM
i dont know if anyone else is havnig the problem but from both computers at home and my work computer the main page loads then shoots straigt to the genaric the page cannot be found page. i have to hit stop real quick so that it wont keep going.

Orgnoi1
10-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Thats strange... I havent had any issues with that at all...

convergent
10-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Check the url you are using... if you can supply it here, we'll be able to investigate.

zacker
10-30-2006, 12:38 PM
mines fine too!
Hmmm .. comp bug of some sort?

fjcallahan
10-30-2006, 12:42 PM
im having the same problem with both of my computers.

fjcallahan
10-30-2006, 12:51 PM
ok so i loged out and when i typed in northeastfoto it works fine but when im loged in and try going in under http://www.northeastfoto.com/profile.php it doesnt work

nvr2low
10-30-2006, 12:59 PM
i dont log out so maybe that is the problem.

i go to the main page logged in and as soon as it loads it goes to the other page and this is the new url

http://www.northeastfoto.com/profile.php

Orgnoi1
10-30-2006, 01:24 PM
I would drop the profile.php off the end of that... its what is causing the problem I would bet...especially if you are logging off...

save just==> www.northeastfoto.com

nvr2low
10-30-2006, 03:13 PM
thats what i use, it adds the php its self, although this time it worked fine.

sandcmom
10-30-2006, 03:41 PM
I had the same problem both this morning and this afternoon. When I dropped off the profile part, it works fine. I updated my bookmark as well.

Cat
10-30-2006, 07:56 PM
I had the same problem, it added the profile part itself. After a few tries of hitting the back arrow it stopped going to the Error URL page.

Cat
10-30-2006, 08:02 PM
I just tried updating my bookmark, still had problems, typed in manually and it still jumps to the URL not found....if I quickly click New Posts it's ok.

Orgnoi1
10-30-2006, 08:06 PM
hmmm strange... Mike anyway of looking into the coding and seeing whats up?

stoneylonesome
10-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Knock on wood, but I've never had a problem here's the link I have bookmarked, I go straight to the forum index

http://www.northeastfoto.com/forums/index.php?

Cat
10-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks, I used it and it works.....now if I could only see the thumbnails in other threads.....I uninstalled Norton and installed ZoneAlarm about three weeks ago, could that be blocking the thumbnails, but not any of the regular sized pictures? Cat

Orgnoi1
10-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanks, I used it and it works.....now if I could only see the thumbnails in other threads.....I uninstalled Norton and installed ZoneAlarm about three weeks ago, could that be blocking the thumbnails, but not any of the regular sized pictures? Cat

yes if Zonealarm is set too high it will do that since thumbnails are a link and it sees it as a potential hazard...

ZR2Blazer
10-31-2006, 10:10 PM
I am having the same exact problem.....ONLY when using IE

I switched over to Mozilla and no troubles :dunno

I tried a bunch of different things and still no luck.....I will have to try Fran's idea though......sign out and then try to see if it works, but I have never had this trouble before on any site :dunno

rpiano
11-01-2006, 08:00 AM
I had the problem yesterday as well, just added horums to the URL and at least got the main forum page. Today was just fine. It looked to me like something on the main page was forwarding to profile.php any issues with where user profiles are stored?

convergent
11-01-2006, 08:13 AM
That's very strange... never seen it before, but it appears that a lot of you are running into it.

The best way to link to the site is http://northeastfoto.com/forums . This will bring you to the forum page, not the home page (which we aren't really doing much with at this point). There is something up with the cookies that may be causing this. Are you guys using www. or without the www. I think that can effect things.

rpiano
11-01-2006, 08:53 AM
I always use www. running IE 6.02

convergent
11-01-2006, 09:18 AM
I always use www. running IE 6.02

That may be the problem. I think all the site links are without the www., and that could be causing cookie problems. We are about to refresh everything in the templates when we implement the new design... so I don't want to make any changes until that is done, but after that if its still misbehaving, we'll get to the bottom of it. There is also a quirk where it tells you you aren't logged in after you log in sometimes... but if you go to the forum page, then you are fine.

convergent
11-01-2006, 05:18 PM
While working on some other stuff today, I found what I think was a url issue in the configuration which I've changed. It seems to have fixed the login / redirect problem I had experienced in the past, so hopefully it fixed the one reported here as well.

Orgnoi1
11-01-2006, 06:03 PM
hmmm I think I will be checking that login problem since I was one of the few that it really effected :thumb

Orgnoi1
11-01-2006, 06:04 PM
You are the man Mike!! All better!

ZK9995
11-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Ross sent you a PM now it is doing it to Mozilla users.

Orgnoi1
11-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Forwarded it to Mike... I really know nothing about Mozilla since I have never used it... I believe Mike does or another browser like it...

sandcmom
11-01-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm still having the problem. It adds that "profile" thing automatically.

Orgnoi1
11-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Did you clear the cookies and history in your web browser?

sandcmom
11-01-2006, 07:53 PM
No, but I will, I use a bookmark to come in. i just retried and it works. Computers are weird!

convergent
11-01-2006, 09:43 PM
I'll look at the Mozilla problem. I have moved to the new IE7 and am loving it. It seems to have what Mozilla had, but I like it better. I will work on the Mozilla issue though. This cookie thing is driving me crazy... :)

ZK9995
11-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Just came back on after doing a major (program) clean out of my computer and restart and still mozilla won't work to get on the site ( works on everywhere else)...I can get on with IE but personally I don't like IE I just have it for cases like this.

CruzinGirl
11-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Def make sure anytime you have issues with this site to close out your browser, delete all cookies, temp internet files, and history. Then reopen your browser and try it....this usually fixes 90% of the issues I have.

convergent
11-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Just came back on after doing a major (program) clean out of my computer and restart and still mozilla won't work to get on the site ( works on everywhere else)...I can get on with IE but personally I don't like IE I just have it for cases like this.

Posting this reply from Mozilla. Please try to do what CruzinGirl suggested... clear you cookies for the site, close the browser, and restart it and try again. If that doesn't work, then I have another one for you to try. In the mean time, I'll try to get it to break on my end with Mozilla by logging in and out.

ZK9995
11-02-2006, 05:36 PM
I have done those things several times over and over again it is not Mozilla per say. I just tried to log in again when I got home and it wouldn't let me so when it came to the screen that say it would be redirecting me if not rediredted click here I did before it bounced me back to the log in screen and I was able to manually redirect myself while using Mozilla. For some reason the site is not automatically redirecting, but if you over ride the redirection you can get in.

ZK9995
11-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Well sad to say I tried to force the redirect like I did earlier and now that won't work .. so back to IE I am. :doh

convergent
11-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Are you logging in on the home page, or the forum index page? Are you using www., or without www.. Please try it all four ways and see if any of them work. Thanks.

ZK9995
11-03-2006, 05:47 PM
So far have always logged in the same way since the site began...to the home page and using www.northeastfoto.com (http://www.northeastfoto.com). I will try the other ways. I didn't have an issue until the day you corrected the IE issue. (I am on IE again)

ZK9995
11-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Ok I just got in this time WITHOUT using the www. hope this information helps :)

convergent
11-03-2006, 06:47 PM
I never use the www., so I guess that's the deal. I don't understand cookies well enough to figure this out, but I'll keep working on it. We are in the middle of implementing the new skin, so once that's done, I'll try to go through and make sure that all the urls are done correctly in the menus and redirects... which I think may be the problem. Thanks for your patience.